51

Orion King

Orion King

It's Saturday. After I'm done here, I get to go home to the woman that I love. I had her go out with Amiri today, anything to get her out of the house. I know how she hates being there alone when I'm not there. It's hard to think about it, in just a few hours, she'll be all mine, and I'll be all hers. No killings. No empire. No tears, or pain.

Just us forever, and always.

There's not a thing I wouldn't do for Ruth. At first, I thought this life was what I wanted, a life of pain, and loneliness, but I was wrong. The only life I want, is the one with her. There's no other option.

"I thought you said he'd be here," I hold back a scoff as I face Creed, "This is where we're supposed to meet, right? What's taking him so fucking long?"

Creed shrugs, "He'll be here when he's here."

The door opens, and just as I'm thinking it's Ilya, it isn't, it's Atticus. "Hey, is Marko with you?" I question Atticus as he enters, but he shakes his head no. "Jesus, why is everything going so slow?"

"Got somewhere you need to be?" Atticus raises an eyebrow, "Last I checked, you chose the time."

I nod, "Yeah, and every single one of you was late."

The door opens again, and Marko appears.

The plan changed from what it originally was. It was supposed to be a two man job, Atticus, and I. It's always Atticus and I, the power duo. Ever since Amanda "died" Marko has been hellbent on getting Ilya to himself, and I may or may not have encouraged him. In my defense, it's logical.

He does the work, and I go home to my wife.

He doesn't have a wife to go back home to, at least for now. After Ilya dies, Marko gets Amanda back, I get my Ruth, and Atticus gets leadership for himself, just what he wants, and everyone's happy.

I had spoken to Rucifer earlier today, and had a heart to heart with him. "No one deserves this more than Atticus," I told him, "I didn't fail. I will deliver Ilya's head on a platter, and I have Petrova. With Atticus in charge, things will run smoothly. You'll all be feared, just like father was."

I could hear him mumble something, and after a moment of silence, he responded, "Don't make me regret this, Orion." I swore he wouldn't.

"To make this even sweeter for you, I'll give my house. After today, I think Ruth and I will move out to the cabin. It's remote, and I think she'll love it," I smiled to myself, "I really love her, Rucifer."