You and I

Written by : snehar_98

__________________________________________________

You and I

Sivaangi along with her room mates were feeling bored spending their Sunday sitting idle at their hostel room. So they decided to do something interesting and different. One of her friends suggested a plan and the whole four of them squealed in excitement. The girls were gonna try something unconventional for the first time in their college life.

The girls got ready in pretty outfits and head to the venue.

"Rules ellam correct ah nyaabagm irukku la? Just walk inside the banquet hall keeping your head high and enjoy your favourite food" sivaangi instructed her friends.

(Remember the rules)

"In order to avoid any suspicion we will split into two. Okay?" pavitra requested and the girls nodded in agreement.

"Ok guys all the best. Cheers to us" the girls giggled and split to different directions.

Sivaangi walked along with pavitra engrossed in adjusting her pastel yellow dupatta which was falling down from her shoulders until she got hit by someone.

"Neengala?" sivaangi exclaimed seeing the brown orbs staring at her with a smirk.

(You?)

"Madam inge enna panra?" he asked stressing the word 'madam'

(What are you doing here?)

"Adhu dha ba ha pavi sollu pavi" she began stuttering and turned to her right side to see no one.

"Adi paavi korthu vittuttu poittaley"

"Madam neenge mind voice nu nenachu sathama pesren" ashwin reminded her with a teasing smile.

(You're talking loudly thinking it's just mind voice)

She gave a sheepish smile and decided to surrender to him but the rowdy in her was not ready to keep her head low in front of her all time enemy.

"Athu vandhu idhu ennoda periyappa oda cousin brother oda ponnoda reception. You know he invited my friends also. How sweet la?" she lied effortlessly praying not to get caught.

(It's my uncle's cousin brother's daughter's marriage reception)

"How sweet-uh" he said in a chanting tune and pinched her cheeks.

Before she could resist his gesture she was pulled to an empty place.

"Ayyo yaarachu kaapathunga please...he is trying to kidnap me" she screamed and he turned and placed a finger on her lips shushing her.

"Chup"

(Keep quiet)

He removed his fingers and started his interrogation.

"Seri ippo nee unmai sollriya illa nan en appa ve koopdattuma?"

(So are you gonna spill the truth or shall I call my father?)

"Unga a-appa ve ye-yethukku" she stammered as his eyes kept on staring at her intensely.

(Why do you want to call your father?)

"Because ithu en akka kalyanam aache appo sponsor appa thane. So it's my prime responsibility to let him know about few girls gate crashing the event and causing financial loss. It's like being dishonest to him la?"