Heart Me, Foe

Written by : Nandhu_Arshi

____________________________________________

Sivaangi cursed softly under her breath as she balanced her umbrella at one hand and held her certificate file to herself safely not to let it get wet in the rain.

"Cha! Inaiku interview adhuvuma paathu dhan malai peiyanuma!" Sivaangi grumbled as she looked out for any auto or cab so that she can reach her interview soon, "Nimishathuku paththu share auto karan vandhu uyira vanguvan, inaiku onumey kanom!"

Sivaangi has an interview for lecturer at one of the reputed Arts & Science college at Madurai. She's an English graduate and looking forward to join at the college where she did her under graduation.

Groaning in annoyance, Sivaangi kept trying to book a cab when her eyes fell on a taxi at a distance. Relief flooded her senses as she grabbed her files closer to herself and rushed towards the cab in a hurry.

Just as Sivaangi reached the cab and placed her hand on the cab door, someone from the other side placed their hand on the same cab door as well. When she opened the cab door, with seven billion people + in the whole wide world, she was greeted with the sight of her fellow UG collegemate with whom she always gets into arguments; Ashwin Kumar.

'Curse my luck' Sivaangi thought as she watched Ashwin, ignoring her, sat inside the cab.

"Anna, naan dhan modhala vandhen!" Sivaangi gritted her teeth on looking at Ashwin before looking at the cab driver as she sat in.

"Ila ma, athu-" The cab driver started but Sivaangi cut him off in middle.

"Ila, yenna athu vandhu idhu vandhu nu, neenga mirror pathrupinga dhana. Naan dhana malai oodi oodi vandhen!"

"Ama, nalla penguin mathiri odivandhrupa" Ashwin who was silent the whole while broke his silence and said with a mocking smirk.He muttered under his breath, "Kulla vaathu"

It's not like Ashwin and Sivaangi met after their UG. Madurai wasn't much big of a city for them to not run into each other. They even saw each other last week at Rajaji park. She glared at him when he saw her with a mocking smile and a wink before he walked away. That memory was still fresh in both their mind.

"Dei! Naan unta pesala! Driver anna ta dhan pesunen" Sivaangi glared at Ashwin who tried to bit back her smile. She then turned to cab driver, "Anna, enaku avasaramaoruvelai ah ponum. Naan ongaluku double ah pay panren. Indha paiyana eraki vidunga"

"Edhey??! Athellam mudiyathu! Idhu enoda ride!" Ashwin grumbled and glared at Sivaangi, "Idho paru Sivaangi, enakum mukiyamaana velai iruku. Olunga vera cab pidichu poeko. Idhu enoda ride!"

Ashwin and Sivaangi started to bicker making the cab driver to look back and forth at them before the cab driver finally had enough and burst out.

"Rendu per um suma iruka poringala ilaya!" The cab driver yelled making both Sivaangi and Ashwin to turn silent. He then turned towards Sivaangi, "Ma, avaru modha vandharu. Avaroda ride idhu. Neenga vera cab pidichu poekonga. Yerangunga"

Sivaangi glared at both the cab driver and Ashwin before she grumbled and got out of the cab. She watched the cab go away and flared in anger.

"Andha thimiru pidichavan suthama maaraveyila! Cha!" Sivaangi groaned aloud.

Sivaangi did her UG at Cavel Arts & Science college, Madurai. Ashwin was from her same English department. While she was a self-finance student, he was from aided and just like every college, both aided and SF doesn't get along.