Ch 4

'Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.'

I was pulled from the world of sleep as something was humming nearby.  The sound was annoying, but my mind was focused on remembering what happened.  I could recall faint memories of being at the event, waiting for my family, looking for my brother......

"Alex!"  I thought as my eyes shot open.  I was now wide awake as I knew what happened, and the proof that it wasn't a bad dream was with my head still aching from the encounter.  I rubbed the area with my right hand to help soothe it, but I stopped when I felt the ground with my other hand.

I got up and looked down to see that the floor was a metallic white.  It felt cool to the touch and was made out of what I could assume was some sort of metal.  I knocked on it and the lack of an echoing noise meant it was very thick.  My attention moved away from the floor and towards the rest of the room.

The walls and ceiling were nearly the same as the floor.  However, there were a few things I noticed in the room.  The ceiling had a single light bright enough to keep me from directly looking at it and there was a mirror that was on one of the walls. 

"What is this place?"  I whispered to myself as I turned to the mirror.

The mirror had most of my attention as I could feel something was off about it.  I haven't seen many cop shows, but I knew that unless there was a hidden camera somewhere in the room, the mirror was one way.

"Hey!  Where am I!?"  I shouted at the mirror to my 'audience'.  I waited for a moment for any type of response, but there was only complete silence.

"You can't fool me!  I know that there are people behind this!"  I said as I tapped on the glass.  I waited another moment, but there was still only silence.  I was filled with confusion about my situation and what happened, but I was now starting to get angry as well with the lack of information.

"Alright, if someone doesn't start answering me soon, I can make things much more complicated for you!"  I threatened.  Assuming that I was right about people watching me, I could easily be very annoying when I wanted to, but what would happen after that was a gamble.

However, my threat was answered as a section of the wall next to the mirror opened up.  I was surprised by the shifting wall, but I kept calm as I didn't move.  I could begin hearing footsteps from the room and could hear them getting closer.  The source of the footsteps entered the room, and I held myself back as the person was Kaden (or whoever his name was).

"So you think that you can actually threaten us?"  He asked me.

"To an extent, yes.  You didn't kill me or my brother back then, so I assume that we are needed for something?"  I said to him. 

"You're half right.  We were looking for your brother and his group for something very important, but as for you,"  he said as he pulled out a gun and brought it to my head, causing me to freeze in place.  "You aren't exactly needed here and can easily be disposed of any time." 

"If that's the case, then why am I still alive?"  I asked him while staring at the weapon.  I would be lying if I said I wasn't afraid, but that didn't mean I was going to be obedient.

"Even though you aren't useful in our main project, that doesn't mean you can't be used for something else.  Many things are being done at this moment, and I'm certain we can find a place where you can fit in."  He said. 

He pulled the gun away from me, but still kept it out and ready to use. 

"Now we're still deciding on what to do with you, and there are many choices as to what we could use you for.  I'd advise that you don't make things difficult for us during your time here.  Otherwise, you may end up in something that would be much worse than killing you."  He said to me as he turned towards the door and began leaving the room.