Ch 6

Outside of the testing room was an audience that was frozen in their seats.  All of them were left speechless at the scenes they'd witnessed moments ago.  Some of them were calm, some of them were sweating nervously, and one was doing their best to keep themselves from losing their lunch. 

After the test subject was consumed, the floating sphere closed itself.  All the parts surrounding it went back to their original places, covering up the center.  The size of the thing began to shrink down to a size slightly larger compared to its original size. 

Eventually, the sphere descended onto the floor and rested there.  The lights from the markings on the sphere glowed slightly on and off,  making the scientists question if that was it or not. 

"Heh Heh Heh Heh Heh..."  a chuckle could be heard throughout the room. 

The people there looked for who would be laughing after that, and their attention eventually turned to Mr. A who was slightly shaking. Those that were next to him could see a sadistic-looking smile on his face. 

The chuckle turned into full-out crazy laughter, and some of the people stepped away from him to keep some distance.  They wanted to get as far away as they could from the bone-chilling laughter. 

"Oh man!  THAT, was a great show to watch!"  He shouted as he stared at the sphere.

"We are the first human beings to have witnessed these things in action, and we can be the first ones to discover how they can be used to benefit all of humanity!"  He then turned towards the men and women behind him.  "Don't you all agree?"

The audience didn't really give an exact answer, only mumbled between themselves.  It was one of the many situations where saying the wrong thing could get them in trouble.  One man cleared his throat and stood up, catching everyone's attention.

"The scene was...interesting without a doubt, but I am more concerned as to what the purpose of that was."  The man replied. 

"Well duh!  The purpose of this test is to figure that out!  Now that the item did something, we, or specifically I, will begin running some tests to find out the truth and the reason that the item did what it did!"  Mr. A stated. 

"So you're saying that you had no prior knowledge of these things before you used them in a test?"  The man questioned. 

The atmosphere in the room tensed up as Mr. A glared at the man.  The scientists looked at the man with surprised looks as if he said something offensive. 

"No.  I didn't have any prior knowledge."  Mr. A answered in a calm tone as he slowly began approaching the man.  Everyone that was in the path between him and the man quickly moved out of the way. 

"But are you the one in charge of them?"  He asked.  "Are you the one that is responsible for these things?"

"Well no, but-." 

"EXACTLY!!  These things weren't given to you!  They were given to me to use as I see fit!"  Mr. A shouted.

"If I wanted to test how resistant they were to extreme temperatures, I have the right to do that!  If I wanted to see how they reacted to chemical elements, I have the right to do that!  If I wanted to give it to a living being to see what happens, I can fucking do it!" 

At this point, Mr. A was face to face with the man.  He was visibly shaking but didn't back down. 

"Now let's get one thing clear: I'm in charge here.  I decide what will be done, who will do what, and when I want it done."

"Yeah, but what if something bad happens as a result of your tests?"  The man asked him.

"Then I'll take full responsibility for it!  If I somehow ended up blowing up half the base during an experiment, I'll tell the central branch I fucked up!  However, I can say that the majority of incidents that occur here are from others not doing what I tell them!"  Mr. A stated while looking at the card on the men's lab coat, displaying his name and security level.