𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 29: 𝑵𝑨𝑹𝑹𝑨𝑻𝑰𝑽𝑬

I stood in front of my mirror, examining my outfit. I had on a yellow and blue patterned dress that hugged my body just right. My curls were free, and I had light makeup on, with a face chain.

My phone started ringing, my moms contact popping up.

"Hey mama." I greet her when her face pops up on my screen. She greeted me back, and began to go on about how I hadn't called her in a while.

"I'm sorry ma, i've been so busy with modeling and so much is going on right now." I tell her, a pinch of guilt hitting me. When I first moved to LA I had promised her that I'd try and call her and dad frequently, and I had been skipping out on that recently.

"How's Vincent?" She asks, a small smile on her face. I didn't tell my mom all of the details about Vinnie and I's situation. I told her that we were taking some space from each other, but that was the last she'd heard of our situation.

"He's fine, we're talking again." I inform her, making her smile wider.

Noticing the look on her face, I roll my eyes, already knowing how she was taking this news. "Don't make a big deal out of this please. We're just hanging out again, I swear." I reassure her.

If by hanging out you mean going out on dates, holding hands, kissing and hugging.....then yeah. Hanging out.

"I'm not making a big deal, just happy for you is all." She smiles, a hint of mischief behind her eyes. She looks at me until I let out a small laugh, shaking my head at her relentlessness.

I heard a knock, and see Vinnie leaning against my doorway, a small smile on his face. "I gotta go mom, I'll talk to you later." I say, waving at her.

"Alright, sweetheart. Bye Vincent." She calls out to him, making my eyes widen. "Bye, Mrs. Rhodes." He responds, laughing slightly.

I hang up, my face turning slightly red. I move over, grabbing my bag from my bed. "Well don't you look pretty." Vinnie smiles, grabbing me by my waist, pulling me against his chest.

I laugh, subconsciously wrapping my arms around his neck. "Thank you, you look cute too." I compliment him, running my fingers lightly through his now shorter curls.

"You ready to go? I have a little surprise for you." He asks, smiling down at me.

"I'm scared. I don't trust you with surprises." I say, giving him a questioning look.

"Just trust me."

<••••>

Vinnie was driving us through downtown LA, and even though I had been here a thousand times, the feeling of riding through and just focusing on all of the sky high building and palm trees was extremely relaxing.

I had never felt as relaxed as I did now though. My head was facing the window, peeking out at the city, Vinnie and I's hands were intertwined over the center console, his thumb gently rubbing the back of my hand, with Novacane by Frank Ocean playing at a decent volume on the radio. This was honestly my idea of bliss.

We pulled up to a mall outlet, but I didn't realize the car was parked until I felt my hand being squeezed twice. I look over to see Vinnie already looking over at me.

"You know, you're really cute when you're all in your zone." He chuckles. I roll my eyes, waving him off. He steps out of the car, walking over to my side, and opening the door.