Chapter nine

"You're lucky you found us when you did. We're moving out at first light," Sonya explained as we walked to the right arm camp.

"What happened to you all anyway? We though you guys were dead," I question.

"In the chaos of those people getting us out of WICKED, the right arm came in and tried to get as many as they could. Harriet, Ana, Cathy and I were the only ones they got," Sonya replied.

"Ana and Cathy are here?" Aris asked. Sonya nodded.

"Yup. They'll be happy to see you three," Sonya spoke.

Harriet briefly branched off to talk with a right arm worker. "Where's Vince?" She asked.

"Who's Vince?" Thomas asked.

"The person who decides whether or not you get to stay," Sonya responds as we walk a little further into camp.

"I thought the Right Arm was supposed to be an army?" Thomas asked.

"We were," Someone asks, quickly walking over. "This is what's left of us. A lot of people died to get us to where we are now." He looked to Harriet. "Who are they?"

"Their immunes, Vince. Found them coming up the mountain," Harriet responded.

"Did you check em?" Vince asked.

"No, but I know these three, Eli, Aris, and Y/n are. I trust them," She responded, going to stand by Vince.

"Well I don't. Check them," Vince responded. I hear Brenda take a deep, raspy breath.

"Uh, boss? This one doesn't look too good..." a worker pointed out, motioning towards Brenda. Right after he finished his sentence, Brenda fell down.

"Brenda!" Jorge yelled. The worker who noticed Brenda wasn't feeling the best noticed a bandage around her ankle. He peeled off the bandage, revealing a crank bite. My eyes widen.

"We got a crank!" He yelled. Vince pulled out his gun. Jorge protested, but a few Right Arm members held him back.

"Wait!" Thomas yelled, stepping between Brenda and Vince.

"She still has time, just let her through," Thomas started.

"If we start letting cranks in, the safe haven won't last a week," Vince said, keeping his gun aimed.

"Wait! There's got to be something you can do for her!" Thomas yelled. Vince lowered his gun slightly.

"There is," He spoke. Just as I began to think he changed his mind, he cocked his gun and pointed it at Brenda again.

"I can put her out of her misery."

"NOO," Jorge screamed, fighting harder against the workers holding him back. Venom reached out and snatched the gun from Vince. Venom branched out from me again so everyone could see it.

"No. Try to kill her and we kill you with your gun and then-" Venom spoke.

"Venom, that's enough! I think he gets it," I yell. Vince looks at Venom, a mix of horror and confusion in his eyes.

"Stop!" A female voice calls out.

"Mary, she's a crank. There's nothing we can do," Vince says.

"We can't. But he can. Hello, Thomas," the woman called Mary said.

"D-do I know you?" Thomas asked. Mary nods.

"Makes sense they put you in the maze after what you did," She said. I looked at her, confused.