Chapter twelve

Y/n pov:

I walked out away from the camp and sat down. Everyone was inside going over what we had of our plan.

It had been four months since WICKED attacked the right arm camp. We had been gathering information to try and get Minho. We had discovered a sort of pattern in when the trains moved back and forth with immunes. We were going to try and aim to hijack a train in about two months.

I was growing impatient. We had wasted four months gathering information and planning. Now we had to wait two more months. We didn't even have a full plan yet. I understood that if we wanted to succeed, we needed to be quiet and have a good plan and not go in blind. But six months? We were just taking our time at this point.

I felt my communicator buzz in my pocket. I turned to face the camp, so I could see if someone was coming, and answered. Teresa had only contacted me twice in these four months.

"Hey Y/n," Teresa spoke through the communicator.

"Hey! You alright? What's happening at WICKED?" I asked quietly. I didn't want to speak at full volume, just in case someone heard me. They all thought Teresa was a traitor and would think the same of me if someone caught me communicating with her.

"Yeah. We haven't gotten much closer to a cure. They keep sending me in to inject samples of what could potentially be a cure into these poor kids, injected with the virus. It's awful. How's everything with you?" Teresa asked.

"Still developing a plan. Gonna take about two more months," I say.

"Wow. That long? It'll be half a year by the time you all finish your plan," Teresa commented. I nod.

"I know. I understand that we need information and take WICKED by surprise, but six months is a little much," I reply.

"Yeah. Well, I hope you succeed. I have to go. My roommate will be back soon. Bye, Y/n," Teresa said.

"Bye," I say. I turn off the communicator and put it back in my pocket. I look past the camp and at the boat in the distance. People have been working on trying to get it running. Maybe that's another reason the plan is taking so long. Give us more time to get the boat running so we can leave as soon as we get Minho, Aris, Sonya, Cathy and other immunes.

I pull my knees up to my chest and look at the sunset. I eventually fall asleep there.