15 - 𝘜𝘭𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘰𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦

I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with her.

I slid my hand through the black sheer gloves my mom had given me for my birthday, feeling the breeze from the open window flow through the silk. I never thought I would be actually putting these Gucci gloves to use, but it's Halloween after all. Might as well go all out.

Something about that cold fall breeze on Halloween night, it's such a specific feeling I crave so much.

I increased the volume on my phone listening to the Chicago soundtrack while I got ready. I've never known why burlesque has a special place in my heart or why I am so intrigued  by it. Perhaps I was a performer in my past life.

I love the aesthetic and the feeling of the whole thing, the femininity, the scandal, the sexiness, the fashion, the feathers, the mindset, god I could talk about it for hours.

I put the rest of my outfit on while my hair dried in the curls I had put in, and started on my makeup. Nothing to fancy, just the right amount, worn with a dark wine coloured lipstick. I love the vintage look, the way the brushed out curls sit right on your shoulders is so timeless. I've never done it before so hopefully this YouTube tutorial will work.

I won't lie, the past two days my anxiety has been up more than usual. Sometimes I mix up excitetment with my nervousness.  Whenever I went to concerts I would always feel so overwhelmed with anxiety, you know that feeling right after the lights go out and you hear the screams and cheers around you? That's how I have been feeling. Nervous.

I can't tell if it's because of the party or the fact that Billie told me she loved me on Thursday night.

I hear my phone ding, taking me out of my head for a moment. It's just Billie saying she will be here in five minutes.

Five minutes?!? Fuck I needed to hurry up, I got so distracted singing every single song from Chicago, I didn't even realize it was 9pm. Technically the party started an hour ago but who wants to be early to a house party?

I cleaned the edges of my lipstick and took a final look in the mirror , fixing my curled hair before going outside to see Bil.  I had on a pair of dark thigh high stockings along with a pair of black heels to compliment my sheer black sparkling burlesque dress that was extremely short even for me. I fixed my gloves and put on a few silver jewels and some pearls as perfect finishing touches.

I don't think I've ever looked so good.

"The name on everybody's lips is gonna be ROXIE! '' I sang running down the staircase excitedly holding onto the railing posing.

"OH HONEY you look so amazing! Fuck I wish I was young again." My mom says in shock of how good my costume looks. I got all of my love for burlesque from her, so I knew she would love this.

"Don't tell me Billie is going as Billy Flynn." She says to me with a look of excitement since Chicago is her favorite movie too.

I nod excitedly as she tells me to go get Billie so she can take a few pictures. Usually I hate when she takes pictures, once she starts she never stops.

I walked outside while fixing my lace garter and looked up at the girl leaning against her car with the moonlight beaming down on her.

"Billieee, take that out of your mouth!" I yell and start laughing while walking fast towards her.

"Why are you even smoking?" I ask as a puff of smoke from the Marlboro cig in her mouth blows in my face.

It was silent as she took the cigarette out and stared at me up and down.