22 - 𝘉𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘉𝘪𝘳𝘥

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN MAKE SOME NOISE FOR YOUR CLEARWATER BOBCATS!! AND COMING UP BEHIND THEM IS THE TIMBERVALE TURKEYS! THESE TWO FIERCE TEAMS ARE COMPETING FOR THIS YEARS GOLDEN THANKSGIVING CUP! MAKE SURE TO PURCHASE TICKETS TO WIN THE PRIZES NEAR THE FERRIS WHEEL!" The principal yells into the announcement  system on the grassy field behind the school.

Sounds of loud cheers around me pierce my eardrums while I stood in the bleachers surrounded by people. I tied my silky hair up in a high ponytail and Billie painted two black and green stripes on my face, showing our support for Clearwater's football team.

The game was held for a fundraiser carnival to support local charities so not only did the two high schools attend but many of the towns population joined. This was the first time I saw so many people in Clearwater in the same place. There's well over a thousand people.

I adjusted my jacket feeling the cold breeze against my dark green Clearwater bobcats jersey and watched the opposite side of the bleachers in front of us. Clearwater's side was decked out in dark green and black, which are the school's colours and the other side was completely orange and white.

Behind the football field was also a carnival filled with those rigged games, small rides, a Ferris wheel and some food stands. You know typical small town festival vibes.

Loud cheers filled the air as our team scored another goal. I glanced over to my right side, seeing Robin give Ali a ring which Alison and her bubbly annoying personality ,loved. I caught Robin kissing her cheek before her eyes looked my way and I turned back to Billie.

Me and Billie watched the game for a while before we left Jason and Zoe in the bleachers since they were too focused on the game.

"They have no good vegan options besides deep fried Oreos damn I guess I'll just get fries- WAIT!" Billie says before running towards a burrito truck.

The carnival was really cute. We never had small things like this back in New York. The decorations were my favorite part, stacks of hay with pumpkins, orange and white banners, blow up turkeys, high school mascots, the smell of sweet treats, I even saw candy apples shaped like turkeys beside one of the game stands.

I would probably be having such a good time enjoying myself but all the negative thoughts still filled my mind like a swimming pool of oil, sticky, dark and hard to get out of.                                            

"NO I JUST WANT BEANS NOTHING ELSE!" She says loudly in front of the burrito truck. Billie has been smiling all day, I wonder if she can tell something is off.

The sun started going downhill by the horizon. Slowly, second by second, it leisurely drips gold aloft the wilderness of the town's mountains  gently blending the flame with darkness.

"MADDY over here!" Jason screamed across the field with the largest turkey leg I have ever seen in his hand and a supersized drink in the other.

I looked back down from the sky and Jason and couldn't find where Billie went, probably to the bathroom or something after getting her food. I walked up to Jason and Zoe cheering on Robin as she tried throwing darts at a wall filled with multicolored balloons.

"Dude if you hit three more red ones you win!" Zoe cheers while grabbing Robin's shoulders.

I glanced at Robin who held a dart steady in her hands as her eyebrows twitched from being concentrated. She blew a strand of her hair before elongating her arm and throwing the dart towards the wall.

"THATS A WINNER!" The guy at the stand yells as a bunch of dings and noises rang with flashes of lights from the ceiling of the booth.

"WOOOOO!"Jason and Zoe both cheer while trying to hold a bunch of cotton candy and other snacks in their arms.