FORTY-TWO| Remember

You can either listen to the song or the playlist I made for the book. There's an Apple Music one and a Spotify one that some readers made. The links are all in the conversations part of my account.

WARNING
Mature content

"You can't sleep either?" I watch as her eyes snap to me, staying quiet for a moment before shaking her head

"No." Her voice is nervous and fearful. And I know exactly why, we're back home and my surgery is 2 days away.

And I am too. I'm so fucking scared. Because this time she loves me. This time I have something to lose. She loves me so if I don't survive this I won't just lose my life, I'll lose her.

"I'll be okay."

"I know- I'm just," she lets out a breath, falling speechless.

I wrap my arm around her waist, pulling her closer to me. "You'll be okay." I press a kiss onto her forehead.

I'll make sure you'll be okay.

"Is that why the will company was calling your phone?"

My breath is caught in my throat. I didn't mean to lie I just didn't want to upset her. "Isabella you know I have to." I say.

I know I'm not mistaken when I feel her tear stained face against my bare chest. I also know I'm not mistaken when my heart breaks right with it.

"You don't though. You'll stay."

"I'll try," but the will stuff. That's necessary. "I need to make sure you'll be okay without me." I need to make sure you'll be taken care of if I fail to stay.

With my words a long silence settles between us, the only sound being her often sniffling.

Don't cry. Please don't cry.

"I love you." I tilt her head up and I swear, I feel my damn heart break once more. Her cheeks are tainted with continuing tears, her nose red, her eyes filled with sorrow.

"I love you." She whispers as I wipe her tears, my lips meeting her forehead once more. Her words piece my heart back together.

It hurt to hear her say she loves me. Before she loved me I was only losing the person whom I loved. Now I'm losing the person that loves me back. And that makes it so much harder to leave.

"Can I order some stuff for the house? To make it more personal and homey."  

"Mhm. Of course."

"Can I also get Rain some stuff?" She looks at me eagerly.

Of course I nod again.