Chapter 13

To say that Riven and Sky were shocked would be an understatement. They were floored. With both anger and sadness coursing through their bodies. They were angry at the son of a bitch who thought it would be a good idea to touch their girl, and they were sad at the last words that Sage uttered. They didn't think Sage was a monster. She wasn't! 

She was a beautiful and sweet girl -- that might be a bit scary at times, though neither boy would admit it -- but she was far from a monster. Deciding to voice their thoughts, Riven started by saying, "don't you ever say that you're a monster -- you're not. You are a strong girl who was trying to survive. It's instincts. You should never think that you're a monster. Ever." 

"Sage, you are a magnificent girl -- scary at times, especially when your beat up our asses. But you are not a killer or a monster. You are a survivor. You did what you had to; to protect yourself." Sky said as he wiped away the tears on Sage's face. "You're our soulmate. We were made for you and you for us. Without you, we wouldn't be us. Riven would be more of an ass, doing stupid and reckless stuff. I would probably end up going into a dangerous situation without care, believing that I had no one to live for. Sage, you are the missing puzzle piece to our life." 

"You're not a monster. You're our soulmate. If you think that you're a monster, that must make us one too. We will always be here for you, whether it be to comfort you when you think you've done something wrong -- like defending yourself from a rotten pig -- or whether it be so you can kick our asses to make you feel better and laugh at our horrible combat skills in comparison." Sage laughed at what Riven had to say. Riven took a breath before continuing, "The point is. We're here, for you, and only ever you. No matter the time of day. No matter what we're doing, we'll always drop everything for you. We would walk through fire, fight angry fairies, and even face Burned Ones to help you."

Sage just nodded, not fully comprehending what was said. She knew what all the words meant; she just needed to piece them together in her jumbled brain. Then, realising that Sage was mentally exhausted, the two boys laid her down on one of the beds. Riven tucked her hair behind her ears and out of her face, then kissed her on the cheek. Sky pulled the duvet cover up to Sage's shoulder, bent down and kissed her on the head. They both silently decided that it would be best to let her rest for the moment. 

"We're going to go see Sliva; if you need us come to his office. We'll be back in an hour to see how you are. Riven will leave our numbers on the bedside table if you need to call us. Try and get some rest, okay?"

Sage mumbled, "Thank you," before falling asleep. 

-----------------------------------------------

Woo! Two parts in one day! I'm so sorry for the inconsistency in uploading parts; uni is kicking my ass. Thank you for 16.3K reads and 573 likes! It really means a lot! It also helps me know that people actually want to read my stuff.