Chapter 2

I put my legs to good use catching up to the truck
My eyes catch on a guy sitting in the truck with his back to us

"HEY, YOU! WE NEED HELP! TELL THEM TO STOP". I yell at the top of my lungs
He immediately turns and his eyes go wide as he sees me and immediately turns back to tell the person that is driving to stop.
The driver says something Back to him but doesn't stop the car, the guy turns back to me and leans out the back and yells back

"HES UNDER STRICT ORDERS NOT STOP FOR ANYONE, BUT IF YOU CAN GET IN THE CAR HE CAN TAKE YOU!" he holds out his hand to me and I nod back at him.
I turn my head slightly to see how far Emi is from me, she's at least 7 feet away from me, I need to get her in the car first

I slow my pace down just enough to grab her arm and speed up again

"WHY ISNT HE STOPPING" Emi says trying to keep my pace

''He says he can't stop the car but if we can somehow get in the car they can help us''

I pull her even harder to catch up to the car and I push her from behind just enough so she grabs onto his hand and he pulls her into the car.
I look back at the people behind me

"CAN YOU TELL THE OTHER CARS TO HELP THEM IN?" I ask him and he nods before turning to the driver and I see the driver grab the radio.

"LISTEN UP GUYS THEY WON'T STOP FOR US BUT IF YOU CAN MAKE IT INTO ONE OF THE TRUCKS THEY CAN HELP YOU OKAY?" I yell loud enough for those behind to hear.
i quickly turn my head to get a quick estimate of how many of us are left.

There is about 14 of us

"GET IN THE CAR AMORA!" emi yells at me and holds her hand out

I cant run for much longer but i need to help some of these people to get in the car

I look to my left to see 4 people climb into a truck and I look at my right to see 6 people running into the trucks,that means four people are still behind me, I sigh and slow down and grab onto  a middle aged woman's hand and pull her into the car.
I slow down once again to help the pilot speed up and the army man grabs him and launches him into to the car.
By this point I'm too exhausted,I don't think I can reach the car again. I slowly fall behind as my fatigue catches up.

I exhale before pushing my body to catch up to the truck

"PLEASE DONT LEAVE US!" I hear the last two people behind me say.
I should help them. But they are too far behind.

"Im sorry.." i whisper

"NO PLEASE!" they scream as i use the last of my energy to catch up to the car

"COME ON AMORA! PUSH!" Emi screams and I just barely grab the mans hand and he pulls me into the truck. I roughly land on top of him. My body sags in exhaustion and I let out a tired sigh.

"Im sorry, thank you for your help." I lift myself halfway off of him and my hair drapes infront of my face shielding is from the world. I glance into his green eyes and am immediately hypnotized by this beautiful man. I scan his face, his strong brows, full lips, and sharp jaw line.

"Im sorry im probably really heavy" I embarrassingly say and lift the rest of my body off of him and sit myself onto one of the empty seats in the large truck.

"No problem." he says while his gaze still lingers on my face.

I look back out to the streets and I see the last two runners come to a stop. The collapse to their knees. my heart begins to fill with sadness.

"I could have helped them.." I turn my face from them.

"No you couldnt have. That was really stupid of you Amora you almost fell behind," emi scods me as she takes my back pack off.