Chapter 11

Agni: I don't get paid enough to deal with this tiny woman.

Deets: * Mocking bright grin *

Agni: *crosses his arms * Smh, anyway, peeps, pls vote for this chapter unless you want me to toss you out of the window. 

Deets: Be nice! *nudges him in the ribs and smiles at you.* pls comment ur feedback below!

Chapter 11

Indriya let out a huge yawn as she rolled out of bed, the sun rays fell on her face, ebbing the warmth into her. She pampered herself thoroughly with the scented soaps and shampoos, the smell was divine and wrapped a towel around herself after drying and walked out to dress.

She noticed someone had laid out a dress on her bed, it was a scarlet long silk skirt with an embroidered silk white blouse. Floral designs made their way up to the collar of the blouse while the sleeves were pure off white and ended at her elbows in a frilly fashion.

The ooni ( a piece of cloth that is a part of half sarees that are tucked near the waist that are wrapped around, covering the waist and most of the upper body going over the shoulder) was also an off- white silk cloth that had scarlet floral borders in line.

It was something she couldn't take her eyes off. The work was so fine that it fit her like a charm. The dress looked so elegant as it sloped over her body. She examined herself in the mirror, and looked at her reflection in awe. Her long braided hair reached the small of her back and the waist chain complimented her structure. But even then, she felt that something was off, she realised that she needed a slight amount of jewellery. She examined the drawers to find all kinds of trinkets and ornaments neatly arranged in a wooden jewellery box that was very intricately carved and had a similar looking peacock on top of it. All the jewellery were gold, not silver or any other metal, but gold. She didn't know whose jewellery it was but all of the ornaments looked so beautiful and evergreen. The problem was that she didn't understand why anyone would leave such beautiful and expensive ornaments like they didn't matter.

There were ornaments that went on the nose, simple gold pendants of all shapes and sizes with different stones, matching earrings and most of all bangles embedded with stones of all colours. It could have been an entire gold shop that could have cost a good fortune. She examined all the gold necklaces and picked up a simple one, that had beautiful ruby stones studded which she slid it around her neck.

She found matching earrings and adorned these buttalu (toppled basket like earrings) that were also ruby studded.

Her bangles were decent enough to make her slender hand look like that of a royal maiden's. She examined herself one more time in the mirror and pulled a few strands out of her neatly braided long hair, before she headed out.

She never had outfits like these but she felt a strange connection to the fabric, its softness and it's unique lustre.

She didn't really know where she was going but was careful enough not to go out of the place they stayed in, she examined the hallways and the pillars that had intricate carvings of different gods and goddesses, she spotted Shiva who was dancing in a fury that could destroy worlds, and Vishnu sprawled on top of his five-headed snake along with his wife Lakshmi who was the goddess of prosperity and money. The carvings had such detail, she could've sworn they were actually looking at her. The place strangely smelt like stone and water.

She could get lost in each one of these walls for hours, the walls of this particular hallway told stories of the gods and goddesses, who had saved the world from noxious situations. She kept walking deeper into the hallway, after walking for two minutes she realised that the light had grown dimmer as she went inside. The stones of the walls also seemed to have changed, it had newly laid obsidian stones, at least they looked like it was new. Dark, black and cold stone flooring and walls. The lamps were attached to the walls. This part of the mansion did not seem to have any windows and the place smelled slightly damp and wet, but the hallway seemed dry. She felt a string of cool wind play with the free strands of air. It blew towards her from deeper within the hallway. But she could see no light or window further.