Nokukhanya (Chapter 17)

...17

●Langa Gumede

I have never met someone as crazy as this woman who has my heart. Why would she kick me out in the middle of an argument and plus I still need my answer if she is agreeing to be my wife or not. I watch her as she paces up and down her apartment. I just sit down and switch on the TV, scrolling through the channels. She has another thing coming if she thinks we are not going to resolve this matter today. If it means I must spend the night here, so be it. 

“Langelihle, what are you doing? I asked you to leave. Get out!” I ignore her. Who knew that MasterChef was this interesting? I should try cooking that, what is that? Chicken? It looks like…aargh! I don’t know what it looks like but I’m definitely cooking that for her and our daughter. I record the entire episode because I know for a fact that I will not remember the recipe.

“This man is trying me. Langa phuma kwami!” She screams.

I ignore her.

“Yewena Langa, I said get out. Why are you still here?”

“Yey! Yey! You need to stop being childish and come sit down so we can talk.” I say calmly and she rolls her eyes.

“Please leave my house. I need to fetch my daughter.” 

“Our Daughter. I told Patrick that we will fetch her later. Mina nawe we have a lot to resolve, and we are going to do it today. So, are you going to be my wife, or must I go ahead with this?”

“Yho! This man! Are you okay in the head Langa? I mean konke kuhamba kahle? I might be crazy but wena….wuu shame, you take the cup! You are married Langelihle with a child on the way! Who in their right mind behave like this? Who gave you the right to contact my parents and make decisions for me?” She yells coming at me like thunder. She looks dangerous so I move from the couch so I can far away from here as possible.

“Answer me dammit! Who gave you the right to do that?”

“You need to calm down first before I can reply to you, please.”

“Mxm! You are so full of shit you know that? And I regret ever sleeping with you. My life wouldn’t be this messy if I stayed away from you. You are messy Langelihle Gumede.” I hope this was a hit of a moment tis, I hope she doesn’t regret anything because if we didn’t have sex that time, we wouldn’t have our daughter.

“I’m sorry.”

“Please leave me alone, please.” She begs with teary eyes. 

Isn’t it strange that at this moment all I want to do to her is hold her and tell her that I love her? That I loved her the very first time I saw her, and I haven’t stop throughout all these years. What she is asking from me right now is breaking my heart. I don’t see myself leaving her alone. Not today, tomorrow, and definitely not forever. It’s not happening. 

My phones rings from my pocket and I ignore it. I want to fix my mess with the love of my life before anything else. She is top priority right now and seeing her crying is tearing me apart.

“You phone is irritating me. Answer your phone.” That’s the first thing she says after a while of me looking at her cry. She likes doing this. Break down and come back rude afterwards, like she is afraid and feels some type of way that she lets people see her sensible side which I find very sexy because it’s not always that you see it.

“It’s not important.” I tell her and she raises her head with her eyebrow raised and faces me. We back at the couch again and sitting close to each other and her staring at me like this just powers me to move forward to her and kiss her.