the coffee shop

"You finish your slides of the presentation?" Y/N piped up as she took a sip of her iced coffee. The coffee shop they frequented every day was mostly empty, with an elderly couple in the corner and some business majors on their laptops at the counter. 

"Yep! I think we'll pass for sure." He gave her a light smile as he picked up his own coffee.

The two had spent the past three weeks on this project and had loved every second of it. Not only did they admire the artistry, but they also found comfort in one another. Safe to say that they had become inseparable. 

"Are you glad you took medieval arts?" Y/N leaned her head on his shoulder as they stared dreamily out the window. He peered down at her before kissing the top of her head and leaning back against her. "I really am."

~~~~~

The key to Iwaizumi's dorm clicked as he and Y/N crossed over the threshold and into the living room. 

"We should check out that new Mongolian place this weekend." Y/N stated while hanging up her coat. "Oh, I've heard good things." Iwaizumi answered, plopping down on the couch. Y/N found her way over to him, crawling into his arms and lap. 

"What should we watch today?" He asked while flipping through the channels. "Nothing scary," Y/N said, "I need my beauty sleep before a presentation."

They laughed together and finally decided on a movie when suddenly Iwaizumi felt his phone buzz in his pocket repeatedly. He propped himself up, causing Y/N to have to sit up.

"Sorry, I'm getting a call." He smiled and kissed her quickly before walking into the kitchen.

"It's okay! Take your time."

Iwaizumi finally had time to look at the Caller ID and saw that it was Oikawa calling him. 'What could he need?'

He answered and pulled the phone up to his ear, "Oikawa! What's up?"

He was greeted with Oikawa's high voice, "IWA! It's so good to hear from you! How are you???"

Iwaizumi winced in pain and continued on, "Hey, it's going good. But listen, I was kind of in the middle of something, how can I help you?"

Oikawa giggled, "Sorry to bother you! I was just wondering if you could come pick me up from the airport tomorrow?"

Iwaizumi blinked. Did he hear that right? "Why would I pick you up from the airport?"

Another laugh, "Well then I guess that girl you post all over Instagram can come pick me up... but I thought my best friend would be more than willing." Iwaizumi could hear his pout through the line.

"Y/N? What on earth are you talking about Oikawa?"

"I'm boarding my flight to Los Angeles tonight! I'll be there around noon tomorrow, so can you pick me up?"

Iwaizumi was stunned, but after that he was just annoyed. Pinching the bridge of his nose he groaned, "Of course, you booked a flight without warning me." Oikawa sighed dramatically, "It was supposed to be a surprise, don't get your panties in a twist."

"My panties are not- y'know it's fine. I'll be there tomorrow."

"And don't forget to bring that lovely girl! Bye Iwa!" With that, he hung up and Iwaizumi sauntered his way back over to the couch.

Y/N ran a lazy hand through his hair, "Who was that?" He sighed and cuddled closer to her, resting his head in the crook of her neck.

"Oikawa." He mumbled. She scratched his back, "Oh? What did he want?" 

He rolled over and looked her in the eyes with distaste. "He's flying into California and wants us to go pick him up." Y/N's eyes widened and a big smile spread across her face, "I can finally meet one of your friends!" She cheered and pulled him into a big hug.

He chuckled, "He'll be here at noon, so be ready for me to pick you up."

~~~~~

Y/N held a paper sign with the name "TORU OIKAWA" drawn in thick black letters. Her hands shook a bit from excitement and nerves. She stood tall on one of the chairs, peeking over everyone's heads for a glimpse of Oikawa.

"Do you see him?" Iwaizumi asked.

"You know, it's hard to be on the lookout for someone I don't know! I've only ever seen him in pictures!" She was obviously stressed. "He'll see the sign, don't worry." She took some deep breaths and waited patiently.

Out of the crowd came up a man dressed in all black, t-shirt and track pants with sunglasses and a baseball cap to tie it all together. He had a big smile on, and when he finally saw Iwaizumi and Y/N he dashed over, scooping Iwaizumi into a bear hug.

"It's so good to see you!" He cheered, spinning Iwa around. Iwaizumi stayed stiff until he was placed back on solid ground. He patted Oikawa on the back and used his other hand to help Y/N down from the chair.

"Oikawa, this is my girlfriend, Y/N." The girl shyly bowed and then quickly shook his hand. "Nice to meet you! Iwa tells me very good things."

Oikawa smiled and gave a wink, "You're too kind! One second please." He grabbed Iwaizumi and pulled him away.

"What- what's the problem?" Iwaizumi questioned.

Oikawa gushed, "She's even prettier in person! You really got a catch Iwa!" Iwaizumi rolled his eyes and they walked back over to Y/N.

"Everything alright?" She asked. 

Oikawa smiled and grabbed his bag, "Better than alright! Let's go! Show me all the wonderful things in California."

And off they went.

END