The Rival

It had been a while since you had taken your helmet off outside. Of course, you never removed it in front of others, which that rule was put in place by the Way of the Mandalore, so even alone it had become natural to never remove it for any other reason besides basic hygiene.

However, every once in a while, when you were the one allowed to leave the covert (or if you snuck out), you would find a quiet place to enjoy the slightly warm breeze that blew over Nevarro. You never told anyone that you would do this, as not everyone in The Tribe was trustworthy, you had most definitely learned your lesson once years ago as a Foundling by telling secrets to an older Mandalorian about your past and that resulted in you almost being kicked out of the tribe. So the rest of your dirty secrets, recent or from the past, began and ended with you.

You sighed, taking the sight of the night sky that was emblazoned with stars in for the last time before lifting your helmet back onto your head and standing then went on your way back to the Covert. Your head turned all over the town to make sure you weren't being followed, as well as to keep an eye out for any other Mandalorians.

This time, like many others, you had snuck out to get fresh air, since for some reason The Armorer who was the leader of The Tribe, would rarely let you be the one to leave the covert while everyone else, even barely of age Foundlings, were allowed out. And being a Bounty Hunter didn't hold a case to your situation so whatever jobs you did had to be done quick.
Over the years you found better ways to sneak your way out and in to do your job, but being caught by someone outside was never something you could completely avoid.

"Hey, Do'a!" called a voice, and you turned to look behind you at Greef Karga, your boss in the guild. The dark-skinned man was walking towards you with a slight smirk, hands in his pockets. When he was by your side, he put a hand to your shoulder as you walked. "How are you? I haven't seen you at the Cantina in a month."

He's always called you Do'a which was short for Mandoa since apparently to the rest of the Galaxy, female Mandalorians don't exist. At least, they don't know until they actually meet one. But when you first meet Greef, he had called you 'Mando' because your helmet was shaped like one a man would have until he heard your voice and added an Aurek after the Osk(even though that's the name of the Mandalorian language but he obviously either didn't know or didn't care).

Back then you hated the nickname, but now, it's merely an inside joke between you two. And anyway, you couldn't tell him your real name so it was better than nothing.

"I've been well, Karga." You replied with a small smile he couldn't see, would never see. Your smile dropped though as you remembered your clan. "But I've been busy. Sorry I haven't been back, but hopefully I'll free up some time soon so I can get new jobs from you. Anything interesting happen at the pub lately?"
"Yes, a new Hunter just registered last week. He's had ten jobs so far and he's the talk of the Cantina." Greef then leaned in close to whisper: "He's Mandalorian too."

You raised an eyebrow, almost freezing in place. "Another Mandalorian in the guild?"

The thought of it not only made you irritated, but it also made you frightened. The Tribe didn't know you were a Bounty Hunter, and that on top of already just being you would make it worse.
Who was this new Hunter?
Do you know him?
But what if he told if and when he sees you out on a mission?
The possibilities are endless.