Chapter 2

The house smells like pizza when I enter. I walk through the living room and peek inside the kitchen. My dad is standing at the counter with a open pizza box on front of him and a pizza slice in one hand.

"Hi." I say. He looks up at me. "Mom won't be home until five so I bought pizza for now. How was school?"

"It was good. I'm actually going out at six thirty." He nods. "Alright." I walk down the hallway and to my room. I never had a close relationship with either of my parents. It's like living with roommates. They don't really care what I do as long as I don't do anything bad.

The lack of communication between us never really bothered me.

I close my door behind me and put my bag down next to my desk. I take my phone out and scroll through social media looking for outfit inspo. Usually I'd start with my homework but I'm too excited.

In moments like these, I wish I had a sister so I could tell her everything that happened today and get some advice of some sort. I'm going to tell my parents about the musical but they'd forget about it by tomorrow. After a while of searching, I play music and sing along to a couple of songs while I do my homework.

Soon there's a knock on my door and my mom pokes her head in. "Dad says you're going out. Do you still want supper?" I shake my head. "No thanks." She leaves and I gather my books before heading to the bathroom to take a shower.

I hope Jay will be taking me someplace to eat. I wonder why he asked me out. There must be a reason. Maybe because I sing and he likes music.

After the shower, I change into ripped jeans, an off the shoulder top with sneakers. I slip a couple of rings on my fingers and put on some lipgloss. By the time I'm done styling my hair it's twenty five minutes past six and I hear a car hoot outside.

I grab my small white bag with my phone in and put some perfume on before I walk out of my room and past the living room where my parents are seated watching TV.

Jay gets out of the car and walks over to the passenger side before opening the door for me. I smile at him. "You look gorgeous." He compliments once we're both in the car.

"Thanks." He doesn't look too bad himself. His hair which is usually in a low ponytail, is now loose. He's wearing a neon green shirt and black trousers with sneakers. I look at the way his lip rings gleam whenever he speaks.

"Have you been to Dynamite before?" He asks as we drive to wherever. "What's that?" I ask. "The club I work at."

"Oh. No." I definitely want to go but I have no one to go with.

"You should. I think you'll like it. You'll like the music at least." I chuckle. "Really? Or are you saying I should go just so I can see you?" He laughs and butterflies erupt in my stomach. "Maybe." Soon we stop at a diner. "I've heard about this one. It opened last month right?" I ask as he parks the car.

"Yeah. Their burgers are great." He tells me as we get out. I straighten my top and he comes to my side, grabbing my hand and locking the door.

My heart races at the gesture.

I think I'm beginning to develop feelings for Jay. I shake the thought from my head and he leads me into the diner. It's warm inside and very cozy. It's not too full and Jay takes us to a seat next to the window at the back.

A waiter comes up and hands us a menu. I look through it.  It's as normal as any menu and I choose a bacon and cheese burger with coke.

"I'll have a cheese burger with the spicy sauce and a coke as well." Says Jay and I raise an eyebrow. "I never knew you liked spicy things." I say when the waiter leaves. He smirks. "There's a lot of things you don't know about me."