Chapter 4:

Apollo POV

"My son has finally come home."

"Did anyone else her that?"

"We all did."

"I have been watching since you were imprisoned my child. Your actions have been a way for me to concentrate."

"You have guided the Imperium for many millennia. I've guided but only for a few."

"Yet you have surpassed even my capabilities because of your legion."

"Yet you could have used me instead of waiting."

"You were the only one who never showed promise. If I hadn't tampered with your DNA structure you wouldn't have become as powerful."

"Yet you sat here for millennia slowly dying because of the throne."

"If they found the Lazarus device it would have triggered my perpetuality to act."

"Then say something about it and they will start looking for it!"

"Sir, a chaos fleet has emerged from the warp."

"It seems that they have come."

"Get me a direct vox line to my flagship."

"Here."

A call popped onto my HUD and I immediately spoke into the vox so I could give orders.

"Empire, you have full authority to use every single defense system onboard. I want fighters covering the fleet while they prepare and the mechanicus bringing the mechs online. To all space marine forces onboard I want you ready for extermination and possible orbital drop."

"Why are you calling for orbital drop?"

"A fleet like that doesn't just pop out of the warp unless it's in the warp. Someone or something assisted in bringing it all the way here."

"It seems you are being tested by them."

"You are not leaving this room under ANY circumstances. We cannot risk something going wrong if you are not positioned here under heavy guard."

"That's slightly disrespectful but I will allow it since you seem more worried about my safety than anytime before."

"Chaos forces have been detected upon the planet!"

"Infantry divisions 5-7 orbital drop immediately. Mechanized Infantry Divisions 2 and 3 orbital drop immediately and target anywhere that has high concentration of chaos taint! Crystalis Librarian Division 1 orbital drop and begin sweeping procedures. I want full reports across the boards on my HUD in the next 6 seconds."

"You need to go. Your empire needs your direct command."

I nodded and ran out of the room before teleporting to my flagship and assuming total control of the bridge while vox officers continued to give orders and bring reports to me as I gave out more commands and combat directives.

"We've lost the Heraldic, Lost Star, 3 fighter squadrons, 2 support squadrons, and the First Fleet Defense Corp. Battleships Nickle, Fire-Charge, Black-Iron, and Bane of Leviathans are moving ahead of the fighter screen with weapons ready for first salvo."

"Transmission from Mars! They are under siege from ground and space, they are unable to assist! Vox lines from Mars have been jammed!"

"We just lost the Third Fleet Defense Corp!"

"Ground forces are requesting Heavy Mechanized Infantry! Should we deploy the first division?"

"Deploy the first and second division. Arch Magos, what's the status of our secret weapon?"