Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six: Fear

	I was watching a movie with Paul at Emily's

I was watching a movie with Paul at Emily's. I was staying here because I couldn't go home. I miss my family. I miss them so much. And I wish they were a part of this. And I hate the idea of them getting hurt but I understand why Sam and the others have a problem with it.

Plus it's not like they are actively trying to hurt my family. The door swings open and Sam storms in. He has a very angry expression on his face. You could feel the heat coming off his body from across the room.

"Jacob told Bella." Sam seethed through gritted teeth and a clenched jaw. "Now they know."

I take a deep breath. The whole reason they wanted it to be a surprise attack was because my family would be less likely to get hurt.

"He really doesn't like his ribs apparently." I state. I was just so tired at this point. I just wanted to settle down with my family. No more fighting.

"No. I guess not." Paul whispered, pulling me closer.

"I'm worried." I stated. Paul ran his hand through my hair softly.

"Everything will be fine." Paul kissed my head and we went back to watching our movie. Although everyone one was tense and the silence wasn't comfortable like it normally was. I was scared for my family. Pack and coven.

Jasper's POV

Jacob had just told us about the attack. Him and Seth had come to tell us of the plan. Emmett stood from his chair.

"Isn't Artemis with them?" He asked. Everyone nodded. "She could get hurt." Emmett was always closest to her.

Jacob scoffed. "She's fine. Trust me. She's all buddy buddy with Sam and Emily." Edwards' head snapped towards Jacob.

Edwards' body radiated anger, jealousy, and pain. "What?" He all but screamed.

"What is it?" I asked. What? I was curious. Edward just shook his head and left the room in a huff. Carlisle cleared his throat. He knew what was going on. He had to.

"Carlisle?" Emmett asked. "What's going on?"

"I think-" Loud crashes and slams were easy to hear. Rosalie figured out quickly Carlisle wasn't going to say anything.

"Dog?" Rose asked. Jacob had his eyebrows furrowed. He was confused as to why Edward cared. Cared about what? That was the real question

"Artemis is-" Carlisle cut him off.

"It was nothing." Esme backed him. But they both had anxiety coming off their bodies in waves.

"Artemis is pregnant." Jacob stated. I wasn't expecting that. Like at all.

"Vampires can't get pregnant." Alice stated.

"If Edward can, why can't the first vampire." Emmett said. Hurt and confusion came off his body.

"I mean there are so many things we don't know about Artemis. She can bleed. She can cry. Her skin is soft to touch." Carlisle stated.

"You knew?" Alice asked.

"Yes." Esme said softly.

"This is why she hasn't been home. She is with Paul." Carlisle stated. "I'm not going to ask her to choose between this family and her other one."

"But she is helping them!" Rosalie practically yelled.

"She's not really helping them. Neither is Paul." Jacob stated.

"What do you mean neither is Paul?" Emmett asked.

"He refused. Stated he couldn't kill a child. There were some odd looks between him and Sam before Sam agreed he should stay home." Jacob said with a shrug.

"My guess is Sam felt guilty asking the soon to be father to kill a baby." Esme said. She had a light tone in her voice trying to lighten the mood.

"What about Artemis?" Emmett asked eagerly. I could tell he was desperately searching for why she had kept it from him.

"She's fine. And she doesn't really want to kill Bella or the baby. She almost left when the choice was decided but she didn't argue. She said she understands why the wolves have to do it but she wishes there was a different solution." Jacob started to admit fear.

He's scared of her. Fun.

I know this is short. I'm sorry about it.