Chapter 2

Nandini remembered her marriage with Manik like it was just yesterday. The twins were 5 at the time but very close to Nandini as their own mother couldnt find time for them. She barely cared about them while she was married to Manik so of course after the divorce, Natasha Bedi didnt even try to stay in touch with her kids. Nandini on the other hand had loved the twins since their birth, as her family was always close to Manik's Dadi, she used to visit the family often. Those visits were usually during the day when Manik was busy and seeing her as free labour, Natasha dumped her kids on Nandini while she was either shopping with her friends or partying. So long before she became Mrs Nandini Manik Malhotra....she was already a mother to Mayank & Arohi. This was why Kavita Malhotra had gotten her married to Manik. 

Nandini herself had been in love with Manik for as long as she could remember and was heartbroken when Manik married Natasha. Still, she knew that for Manik she didnt even exist so marrying him was just a dream, until his Dadi made it a reality. Since then she did everything to make him happy, she changed herself, no... she LOST herself in the quest to gain his love.  Manik was very rude to Nandini...he had married her for his kids and his Dadi but after what Natasha did, he didnt trust Nandini at all. He thought all women were the same....money minded gold-diggers. Of course, he did respect Nandini for one thing....the love she has for his family & kids which is why he stayed married to her all this time.

Now, 5 years later things were a bit better. Manik wasnt as antagonistic to her, some days he might be rude which isnt a big deal as he is rude to most people and some days he was just indifferent. For Nandini, both hurt because it came from someone she loves with all her heart.

Today, was Raj & Nyonika Malhotra's 40th Marriage Anniversary. The two love bird had gotten married very very young. Nyonika was 18 and Raj was 19...so although legally adults, they were technically still teens....but they were your typical high school sweethearts. They didnt want to wait so both eloped and got married. Raj's parents accepted them as he was their only child where as Nyonika's strict parents disowned her and hasnt spoken to her since. Kavita loved her as her own daughter and Nyonika also loves all her daughter-in-laws like daughters too.

"Nandini.." Navya entered the kitchen to see that almost everything was ready. "Arre, tune toh saara kaam kar diya woh bhi akele?"

"Bhabhi...aap aur Mukti Bhabhi pure din kaam mein busy they aur phir ghar aake aapne saare decoration bhi kar diya, main kya itna nahi kar sakti?" Nandini replied.

"Vaise Navya...acha hai ki Nandini ne kitchen ka kaam sambhal liya." Mukti smiled and hugged her youngest devrani from the side. "Itne tasty khaana toh pure ghar mein iske elava sirf Dadi hi bana sakti thi."

"Kya bhabhi...aap bhi na." Nandini blushed slightly. "Khaana banane mein Dadi ki barabari koi nahi kar sakta."

"Mmmnn....kya khusbhu hai!" Navya sniffed the air. "Mann karta hai ki main hi sab kuch khaa jaun!"

"Acha chalo...sab tayyar hone chalo. Mehmaan aate hi honge." Mukti said. Nandini closed the lids on her food and the three Malhotra Bahus left to get ready.

A few hours later, everyone was ready and guests had arrived. The kids were playing with their friends and Raj & Nyonika were getting many gifts from friends.

"Happy Anniversary Mom, Dad!" Cabir & Abhi hugged them.

"Happy Anniversary Mom. Happy Anniversary Dad." Manik smiled and hugged them both too.

" Manik smiled and hugged them both too

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.