Chapter 5

"Aiye Mrs Malhotra....baitiye." The teacher motioned to the chair infront of her table. Nandini sat on one while Arohi & Mayank sat at two desks. "I must say aapke bache mere best students hai. They are so polite and obedient. Mayank toh apne se chote students ko tutor bhi karte hai lunch time mein. Aur Arohi toh humesha har exam mein top karti hai."

Nandini turned and smiled proudly at her son and daughter.

"Honestly usually inn PT meetings mein students ki plus points aur minus points dono bolti hoon main lekin for these two...I dont have a single bad thing to say. Bohot hi achi parvarish ki hai aapne inn dono ki."

"Thank you so much Kalpana ma'am...Arohi aur Mayank bhi aapko bohot pasand karte hai. They say you are their favourite teacher." Nandini replied.

"Oh thats so sweet." Kalpana ma'am chuckled. At that moment Dadi appeared beside Nandini and she got stiff....trying not to react infront of the teacher and her kids. 

"Woh churail aa gayi hai...tu meeting continue kar iss main dekhti hoon." Dadi informed her before popping out. 

In the parking lot of the school, Natasha got out of her car and walked towards the front door. Everyone was staring because of how short her dress was. As she entered the school, Natasha asked another teacher where Kalpana ma'am's class was and she pointed her in the direction. Natasha started walking down the hall when Dadi appeared in front of her and started blowling wind....the wind was so strong that Natasha couldnt walk froward. She didnt understand what was happening but kept pusshing against the wind. Meanwhile everyone else just saw her making a strange face, trying to walk in a weird way and not getting anyway.

"WHAT THE HELL! Yeh ho kya raha hai?" Natasha yelled. She again tried walking but dadi kept blowing the wind. Hearing her, Kalapana came out of her class room with Nandini behind her and just stared at Natasha.

"Who is she...and what is she doing?" Kalapana asked. Nandini saw Dadi and tried to hide her laugh.

"Umm...paata nahi. Par aapko security bulana chahiye...yeh ek private school hai. Itne saare bache hai...aise kaise ek ajnabi school property pee aa sakti hai?" Nandini said.

"You are right...main abhi security bulati hoon." Kalapana went to get the guards while Natasha held up her hands as if trying to push the wind away and literally threw all her weight to try and move forward. Peopel were taking out their phones and recording her. A few minutes later Kalpana returned with the security and Dadi stopped blowing the wind. Natasha who was still pushing, fell forward landing on her face.

"AAH!"

Everyone started laughing. The guards grabbed Natasha and started pulling her out.

"What do you think you are doing? Paata hai main kaun hoon? Leave me right now! Chodo mera haath!" Natasha screamed as she was dragged out. "I am a parent! You cant do this!"

"Parent? Yeh pagal aurat kiski ma hai? Ive never seen her here before." Kalpana mumbled. Nandini just shrugged. Then they went back into the classroom and continued the meeting.

After the meeting was done, Nandini took her kids and went to the car where the driver was waiting.

"Ramesh bhaiyya...chaliye hum ab ghar jayenge."

"Ji choti madam." Ramesh replied. He opened the back door for Nandini, Mayank & Arohi to sit and then walked over to the drivers seat and opened the door. Dadi snapped her finger and then suddenly Ramesh closed the door without getting in.

"Ramesh bhaiya? Kya hua?" Nandini poked her head out of the window.

"Sorry choti madam...mujhe kuch kaam yaad aa gaya." Ramesh said, in a robot tone.

"Kaam?" Nandini asked. Then Ramesh just walked away. "arre...Ramesh bhaiya! Kaha jaa rahe hai aap! Hum ghar kasie jayenge?"

"Kyun? Tere haath pair kisi ne kaat diya kya?" Dadi asked. Nandini turned to look at her. Lowering her voice, so the kids didnt hear her. 

"Yeh aapne kiya?"

"Haan....aaj se tu khud gadi chalayegi." Dadi grinned.

"Main? Main kaise?"

"Kyun nahi? Tune kya licence decoration ke liye banwaya hai? Nahi na? Chup chap gadi mein bait aur chala....aur sunn tu ghar nahi jayegi."

"Kya? Kyun?"

"Kyunki woh khotta pura din masti karta hai jab chahe bahar jaata hai jab chahe ghar aata hai...tu bhi aaj raat tak ghar nahi jayengi. Apne bachon ke saath time spend kar. Chahe toh phone karke Nyo se permission mang le lekin tu ghar nahi jayegi. Samjhi?"

Nandini nodded.

"Mumma kya hua? Driver uncle kaha gaye?"

"Unko kuch kaam tha Aru..." Nandini replied. She sat in the drivers seat and both her kids were surprised.

"Mumma you know how to drive?" Mayank asked. "COOL! I wanna sit at the front!"

"Nahi mujhe baitna hai!" Arohi argued.

"No me!'

"No me!"

"Calm down! You can take turns...pehle Mayu phir vapas jaane ke raste pe Aru...ok?"

"Vapas jaane? Hum ghar nahi jaa rahe hai Mumma?" Arohi asked.

"Jayenge...par...pehle ek treat. Mere dono babies ne school mein itna acha kiya. Teacher ne kitna compliment kiya...toh hum aaj...CARNIVAL JAYENGE!"

"YAAY!!!" Arohi & Mayank cheered.

"Mumma you are the best!" 

"No..Mumma's babies are the best." Nandini said. Arohi & Mayank jumped forward and hugged Nandini from the back seat. "Chalo..pehle Mayu...tu aaja samne baitne ke liye."

Manyank climbed over to the fornt seat and put his belt on while Arohi also did the same. Then Nandini called and informed Nyonika of her plan. Of course Nyonika had no problem in fact she was happy Nandini wasnt at home like she usually is. So Nandini took the kids to the carnival and together they played many games and sat on rides, taking pictures along the way.

**************

It was 8pm when Manik returned from a friends home and he found that his kids and Nandini were not at home.

"Mom....Nandini aur bache kaha hai?" Manik asked.

"Woh toh bahar hai Manik...bachon ki teacher ne bohot saari achi baatien boli hai toh Nandini unko treat dene ke liye Carnival le gayi." Nyonika told him.

"What? Par Ramesh toh ghar pe hai...I just saw him going towards the servants quarters." Manik said.

"Kya? Lekin Nandini ghar nahi aayi abhi tak.."

"RAMESH!" Manik called out. Ramesh came running and was scared thinking manik would fire him.

"Ramesh...Nandini kaha hai?" Nyonika asked.

"Choti madam toh bahar hai....mujhe kuch kaam tha...emergency toh main chala aaya."

"Toh gadi kaun chala raha hai?" Manik asked.

"Choti madam.."

"When did she learn driving?" 

"Manik....kya bol raha hai tu? Nandini shaadi se pehle roz yahan drive karke hi toh aati thi." Nyonika said.

"Oh...." 

-------------------