30

The next day finally came. Birds were singing an unexpectedly calming melody as they flew near the palace. The flower petals were falling, creating a romantic scenery.

Sunoo stood near the lake as he stared at his reflection on the water. Mr Bae stood behind him, "Your Majesty, what is bothering your mind right now?"

"Mr Bae, do you think there's a possibility of Sunghoon harassing the princess?"

The male servant was taken aback by the sudden question. "I find it hard to believe that. His Highness has grown up with the princess and he is also one of your trusted men, Your Majesty."

"But he can also use my trust to do something bad, don't you think?"

"That is also correct, Your Majesty. If I think about it again, Her Highness doesn't like the prince that much. It seems that she finds it hard to trust him."

Sunoo stayed silent and averted his attention to the blue sky. "I can't believe my sister will be marrying Jungwon. I thought they hated each other."

🌷

The bedroom door was knocked on continuously. Baekhee sighed and gave up before walking away, leaving the two lovers for privacy.

Yeonseo and Jungwon were still sleeping. He had his arms wrapped around her waist as her back leaned against his bare chest. He slowly opened his eyes and felt the princess's body relax in his arms.

"Are you awake, Your Highness?" He asked in his husky morning voice. She heard his voice near her ears and immediately sat up straight.

She held the blanket tightly to cover her body, "Did we spend the night together?"

He sat up and yawned sleepily, "You asked me to sleep with you."

She scowled when he brought the topic up and jumped off the bed, still wrapping her body in the blanket. He flashed her a smirk before scurrying towards her. He pulled her into his embrace, "Did you sleep well?"

She felt like melting when she listened to his soft voice. She nodded, "Yeah, it was fine."

Jungwon stared at the mirror as he dried the princess's hair. They both changed into a new outfit and giggled as they both dried each other's hair. The door suddenly opened and Sunghoon barged in.

"Sunghoon," Jungwon called his best friend. The prince glared at him before lunging a punch at him. "Park Sunghoon!" Yeonseo tried to push him away.

He slapped her arms away, making her fall to the floor. "How dare you do this to me?! I thought I said that I want to marry her!" Sunghoon spat as he grabbed the nobleman's collar.

Jungwon freed himself and punched the prince harder. "Stop harassing my wife."

The prince widened his eyes at the word 'wife'. He rolled his eyes and touched his bottom lip which was already bleeding. Yeonseo walked towards him before slapping him hard, "Get lost, you fucking bastard."

"What did you just call me?"

"I don't know what you're planning or why you want to marry me so badly, but just stop all this. I already spent the night with Jungwon and I'm sure Sunoo will arrange a marriage as soon as possible."

"You did what?! With a mere nobleman?"

He laughed and clapped his hands, "Princess, do you know that you could lose your title by marrying an outsider? How stupid can you be?"

"Park Sunghoon, you're showing your true colours right now," Jungwon stood in front of Yeonseo as he eyed the prince. The said prince scoffed, "Just because you slept with the princess doesn't mean you don't have to use honorifics anymore. Soon or later, Yeonseo also has to address me as 'Your Highness' since she'll be losing her title."

He left the room, making the couple sigh in relief. Jungwon held her hand before caressing it, "Are you okay? He pushed you too hard just now."

"I think I sprained my ankle."

He nodded and made her yelp when he suddenly carried her bridal style towards the bed. The door opened again, revealing Baekhee with a tray of tea and cookies.

"Your Highness! What happened?" The court lady put the tray down and ran to the bed. Yeonseo smiled, "I'm fine. I fell just now."

"Should I call the physician?"

"No, thank you. You can continue doing your work. I'll be fine."