◾ Chapter 25 ◾

*Chloe*

The day you lose someone, they become a memory and so does the time you spent with them. The only thing you can do now, is remember and cry. Or miss them.

But what do you do when you lose a person you never met, never spent time with and yet feel like a the world's caving in? The pain you feel, is even worse. 

I never knew what Allison was like, but the fact that she was my sister, makes me wanna curl into a ball and cry for hours. Even if she wasn't, who gave those monsters the right to strangle a 3 year old child? Who gave them the right to take away that little light from this world. 

The thought is enough to boil my blood, and I start hitting the punching bag with even more intensity. I've been in the gym for the entire morning, trying to control the rage of anger radiating off me. But nothing, seems to be helping and that makes me more angry.

"Woah... easy there tiger." Jacob's voice snaps me out. "You okay..?" He asks and I look at him, breathing heavily. 

Nodding I sit on the mat, and he hands me my water bottle. He sits across from me, resting his elbows on his knees. 

"J... What was Allison like as a kid?" I ask staring ahead into nothingness. But when my eyes fall on him, his face is void of every emotion.

"You know?" he breaths and I nod in response. His troubled expressions tell me that he is contemplating weather or not to tell me.

"I don't remember much, coz we were just kids back then." He smiles sadly. "Honestly, she was just like you. A beautiful ray of sunshine. We'd laugh and play in the garden all day while our parents were at work. She was my best friend.

One day, I came for a sleep over. Blake and Ashley were in their room, Al and had to share hers. The entire day was cloudy and thunder storms were expected by the night. I was terrified by the rumbles and horrifying sounds, when she came to me with Mr. Rex. Her teddy bear." We laugh at the name but his eyes pool up with tears. "She gave it to me saying, he'll keep me company until the storm passes by." 

Though he is smiling, I can see the pain and torment behind it. I know what it feels like to lose ones best friend. Its like losing a part of you. In my case, I lost two of 'em.

"I still have that bear and to be honest with you, thunder storms still scare the shit out of me." 

Silence fills the air around us, as we sit there. I have no words to comfort him. There's nothing I can do to ease the pain. 

"C'mon now... Enough of sulking for the day. Lets go grab lunch." He hops to his feet and pulls me off the mat. 

After a shower, I pull on an halter top, with ripped blue jeans with white sneakers. Tying my hair into a high pony tail, I apply some face cream, gloss and mascara. 

The four of us walk to the diner, bickering and joking about some random stuff. The laughter continues to keep us company the entire time we eat our lunch. 

"You really wanna join the gang Chloe?" Ashley asks and all the heads on the table turn to me. 

"I do." I nod sincerely. "Its the only way I can calm the storm inside me. After knowing everything, there's no way I'm backing out." I explain and they all give proud nods. 

"I know J is good with guns, what about you tow?" I ask as we head out of the diner. 

"I can teach you how to play with knives." Ash smiles proudly, pretending to swing an imaginary knife in her hands. 

"I'm mostly the brain of the mission, the tech and shit...-"

"I told you he's a nerd." Jacob cuts in making us all laugh and earning a head smack from Blake. 

"but I'm a good fighter too. Not that you need any lessons there." He continues; smirks at me. 

My next question is cut off by a fleet of cars, that surround us. People wearing black masks spill out of the cars and grab us. 

What the hell is going on. One of the masked guy, grab me from behind. I throw my head back, hitting him hard in his nose. His grip loosens on my hands and I take that chance to knee him where the sun doesn't rise. 

"Ashley.." I warn her as another one jumps to grab her. She turns around in time to punch him across the jaw. Blake and Jacob have switched to full on Rambo mode, punching the lives out of them. 

"STOP." A man shouts a fires into the air. We look at him as the others point there guns at us. We raise our blood covered hands into the air. 

"All of you in the van" He orders.

"How 'bout you put that little toy of yours to the side and man up a little." I sneer smirking, making him more angry. 

"IN THE VAN." He shouts and we turn to its direction. But before I can step in, they slam the door shut, locking the other's inside.

"You wanna know what a man's like?" He holds me by my hair, and throws me onto the cemented pavement. I immediately hop to my feet ready to fight him. He hands his gun to his buddy and cracks his knuckles, staring angrily at me. 

It about time since I broke some bones. I think I just found something to calm my rage down.

He takes the first swing which I dodge effortlessly, and punch him in the stomach in reflex. 

"Girly knows how to punch, eh." He smirks and others laugh. 

"Girly knows how to kick you ass too." I mirror his expression. 

Outraged, he charges at me. I shield my face with my hands, but he manages to take a few hits on my stomach. The moment he slows down, I push him away, slamming a right hook on his jaw. He stumbles back from the impact. I take hold of his jacket and knee him. He crouches down in pain, and I punch him again in the face. 

Not being able to control my anger, I sit on his chest, and punch him repeatedly. His face is a pool of blood and so are knuckles. Suddenly I feel a piercing pain in my neck. The one you feel when someone injects you. 

I turn around to see a tall guy towering over me with a syringe in his hand. Holding my neck I stand up to punch him, but the world around me thinks that its the best time to start spinning. Trying to concentrate, I take another hit but miss. 

Whatever was in that syringe, starts to kick in starts to kick in and the dizziness gets the best of me. I fall to the ground, with my head still spinning. And the last thing I know, I'm being thrown inside a van.

*****

As I said before, I'm not good that good at describing fight scenes. I hope you can get a sense of what is going on. Comment and let me know what are your thoughts about it.

P.S. I'm about to complete my first book, Want You Back.