◾ Chapter - 33 ◾

*Chloe*

"Uh oh." Ashley eyes me as I walk into the kitchen.

"What?" I roll my eyes.

"The fact that you are up early, and coming straight from the gym, wearing a murderous look, means it did not go well." 

"Ashley... I don't wanna talk about it." I growl, slamming the bottle on the counter.

"Yikes..." She puts her hands up in surrender. 

"I'll be at the warehouse if anyone needs me." I head straight to my room after informing her.

I didn't sleep last night. More like I couldn't. And no, I did not cry. I was just thinking.

Thinking of how every person I love and care for, has a tendency to turn their back on me. First mom and now Reece. Why can't I just let people stick with me?

Because you think you are keeping them safe by shutting them out.

How else I'm supposed to protect them. Allison died when mom got pregnant with me. Then mom got shot while protecting me. What if I do this to Reece or Tristen. Or to any other of my family member.

After a warm shower, I get dressed. I apply some make up and head downstairs after slipping on my boots. 

"Yeah... because you cheated." Blake's voice sounds from the basement hall way.  

"No I did not. You just suck at it." Jacob snorts and a second later they appear, in head locks. Tris and Reece follow behind, laughing.

I try my best to ignore Reece, but he is making it hard by staring right at me. 

"Hey little C. We going to the Sunny Side to grab breakfast. You coming?"

"I think I'll pass. Got some work at the warehouse." Shaking my head, I start to leave, only to be stopped by Tris' voice.

"Hey Chlo, wait up. I'll come with you." He says. I try to protest but shut up when he gives the knowing look. 

"Fine... You driving." I toss him the keys to my Corvette. No its not the same I was gawking at when I came here. I bought a different one. 

She's a black beauty with shining silver rims. So, I just let Tristen take his time to admire my baby, when we get to the garage. And before you start judging me, I didn't take a single penny from me father. It was the money I saved for college and the one I earned during my training days. 

=*=*=*=

"You wanna talk about it?" He asks taking a seat on the couch in my office.

"No." He nods understandingly. I'm so glad that he didn't push me to say anything. "But we can talk about what happened back in Texas while I was gone. How did Toni find you guys." Tristen smirks at my question. And then spends the hour and half, narrating his story.

He told me how Reece and him were a mess. How he threw himself in the training for the championship, to deal with it. He told me about him being mad at Reece before the final fight and how Carlos told them about Toni being the chief guest for the last fight. Then he went on about their training period and how they met Ella, while on a mission.

"That was one hell of a ride Tris." I laugh. 

"Yeah... Tell me about it." he joins me. Suddenly, my phone starts ringing, on the table. I flip the screen only to see dad's name flash over it. 

"Hello?" 

"Chloe? Where are you hon?" He asks.

"I'm at the warehouse. Everything okay?" I ask standing up from my chair, ready to leave.