Epoch 🎐 22

Titania soon stopped ruminating over these trivial matters as more and more damsels in distress appeared in the dungeon as days went by. Instead, she started pretending to be a dumb lass who had no idea what was going on and kept to herself. 

But the fact that such a big farce was being orchestrated just to find her whereabouts was very unexpected to her. As a cannon fodder extra, she had been beaten and humiliated since she was a child, and as such, she had never received such special treatment. In a way, she couldn’t help feeling flattered. 

Really flattered.

But she was also very sorry to have to pull these poor maidens into the pit along with her, granted some of them tagged along voluntarily, but it still did not change the fact that she had caused this fiasco in the first place. However, Tania was still not keen on giving up as of yet. She will hang on until the very last moment. 

But at this moment, she also felt, this was how minds of the strong worked. Everything the strong holds can become a bargaining chip to threaten the weak. Perhaps Eganius Cline has never thought of threatening her in the first place, all he might’ve wanted to was just find her, but a single thought of his was enough to change the fate of most of these people.

Not to mention that he was a ruthless wizard king who had no compassion of even his own kind. How could she say she was not afraid to go in front of him? But then....

When she looked at all these amorous ladies around her, she felt funny. These girls who were willingly arrested had much tougher mentality than Tania. They seem even more confident than Titania. 

When Titania was scrutinizing the ladies around her, the ladies in turn were looking at her with scrutiny as well. And no sooner, a lady spoke up in ridicule_

“I heard this person hardly ever speaks, maybe she is dumb.”

“Is she so determined to be Eganius Cline’s woman? With such a vixen’s face, it seems she is really confident in herself. To think that a handicapped person would actually dare to come be Eganius Cline’s woman. Who does she think she can fool(Chuckle), she definitely is not who he is looking for(Hmph)!"

"Ah! Its so pathetic. She got no chance."

"Ah! I can’t help but pity her. It’s such a waste to have a face like that only to walk down into a death row!? Does she not know that Eganius Cline is not like any other man? She must’ve thought that she could easily fool him with her beauty tricks, Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! In an effort to climb onto a high branch, I can’t believe that she would be willing enough to lose her little life. A pity, really!”

Tania, "......."

Listening to all the mocking commentary of the several women who surrounded her, the corner of Tania’s lips couldn’t help but twitch. She felt like a fool to be worried about lose women like these lot. Now she felt like she was doing useless charity work by poking her nose into their business and trying to warn them about the murderous Eganius Cline. Even if she did warn them, it did not look like these airheads would take it to heart anyways. So, she sensibly shut up and just wished them success since they seem so confident in themselves.  

Titania just kept to herself and continued channelling her magic inside of herself to heal her wounds. The sooner she could escape this prison, the better.

The girl who originally took the initiative to talk to Titania was named Alania. She said that she was a inner disciple of a small anonymous magic tower and so she was rather humble compared to the other flamboyant people around. 

When Alania saw Tania being ridiculed and bullied by the other girls around her, she couldn’t help pity Tania as well. She skidded towards her and took her arms in a consoling manner as she mouthed, “Do not listen to these bimbos. They’re just jealous because you’re prettier than them. Is there any way to cure your dumbness completely? If you could only speak, how would these people dare to mock you so openly? They are all scums who take pleasure in kicking those who they find beneath them. Do not care about their shallow words at all!”  

Tania, “.... I don’t think so I want to cure it...”

With a puzzled expression, Alania questioned, “Why?”

Titania was once more reminded of the devil-like demeanour of her said boyfriend when he tried to strangle her to death on their very first meeting and by the way, also mentioned that he was really itching to kill her. Tania took a nervous gulp and looked back at Alania with a pained expression, not knowing how she was to explain her own complicated circumstances to this young naïve lass. 

Alania on the other hand, thought that Titania was just scared, and so, to cheer her up she excitedly exclaimed, “Sister! Don’t doubt yourself. I believe in you, you can definitely pull it off!”

Titania, “???”

And Alania leaned into her ears while whispering in a mysterious tone, “Ah! Do you know that His majesty Eganius Cline has been summoning the beauties who were sent here one by one nowadays? Among the people who had already been summoned, who was not pure, gentle or charming? There were all kinds of beauties, you name it. But all of them ended up losing their lives at the hands of Eganius Cline. Not to mention qualified, when the ladies met Eganius Cline for the first time, they were so scared by his aesthetics that their legs trembled and gave out as they could only wordlessly cry in fear, consequently angering Eganius Cline. As such they were killed on spot. Compared to those miserable cowardly people, you are so much better. I believe you to be the epitome of calmness. If you can’t rein in Eganius Cline, then no one in this dungeon can!”

Tania, the epitome of calmness, “.................”

~ ••• ~