Return

Dr.White opened his eyes for a second, he was dizzy and felt weak. His heart was burning. As he looked around M4 was arguing with an unknown girl. Erik was leaning over him, trying to see if he was breathing.

Erik turned toward the people and said something. 

"What the hell is happening?"

Dr.White's hearing slowly came back.

M4: Why did you shoot!? I told you they didn't hurt me! That man was the nicest of them all and now you've shot him!?

Dr.White saw the girl clearly this time.

Unknown Girl: I wanted to shoot the other guy, not him

Unknown Girl: I wanted to shoot the other guy, not him. I'm sorry, Sis!

Dr.White turned his head toward Erik who almost had tears in his eyes.

Dr.White: *Cough* Erik...

Erik: James, I thought we've lost you.

Erik saw that White wanted to say something, but every word turned into coughing.

Dr.White turned his head to the side and saw the Nine-Tailed Fox operatives carrying a stretcher. Then he began to feel intense pain again. Erik quickly tried to find some kind of painkiller because he saw that Dr.White was beginning to feel very uncomfortable.

He injected White with the painkiller and he was put on the stretcher. This is when he lost consciousness again.

Site-██, Local time: 19:26

When Dr.White regained consciousness he found himself in the medical ward of the facility. A nurse was standing next to him.

Nurse: Sir, do you remember what happened?

Dr.White: I... I don't really know...

Nurse: You were shot. The bullet missed the heart by a few centimeters. You are lucky, Sir.

Dr.White: Hehe, I've always been the lucky type. *cough*

Nurse: Sir, I wanted to tell you that you have visitors.

Dr.White: Who?

Nurse: Two women were waiting outside and a researcher named Dr.Erik Rausch. Would you like me to let them in?

Dr.White: Yes, please.

Nurse: Alright, they will be here in a second.

Dr.White looked around. He was in the medical ward before, but never in this room. The room was painted white and had two beds for two patients. The beds were quite comfortable because the Foundation is not poor. There was a TV here as well. He turned it on, but only static came from it so he turned it off a second later.

Then he heard footsteps coming from the hallway. The nurse led the visitors in. It was Erik, M4, and that unknown girl he saw previously.

Erik: James, how are you?

Dr.White: I'm fine Erik, thanks for asking. 

M4: We are so sorry Dr.White! I told her not to shoot, but she didn't listen...

Unknown girl: Yes, we are sorry!

Erik: You weren't so sorry when you shot him!

Uknown girl: I wanted to shoot you not him.

Erik: Oh yeah!? Then come and do it now!

M4: Guys, please calm down. I thought you stopped doing this.

Uknown girl: But he was the one who started it!

Dr.White: Please. Put these aside while you are here.

The two quickly tried to hide the fact that they hated each other. The unknown girl soon broke the silence.

SOP: Anyway, my name is M4 Sopmod II, but you can call me SOP. I am M4's sister.

Dr.White: Nice to meet you. I'm Dr.White.

SOP: I know, my sister told me how you are the boss here and I shouldn't have shot at you...

Dr.White: Wait, why did you work together to save me? We were enemies some time ago.

SOP: Well if it wasn't for M4 you would be dead. She was the one who ordered the cease-fire.

He turned toward M4.

Dr.White: Hey... Thanks.

Dr.White gave a smile to M4 who blushed and looked everywhere other than White.

M4: No need to thank me... You repaired me, so I repaired you. We are even now.

SOP: Look, she's blushing! Haha!

M4: No, I'm just...

Erik cut into the conversation.

Erik: James! I almost forgot! We have recontained 939 successfully.

Dr.White: Wow! Nice job! Did we lose anyone?

Erik: No casualties. Well... Except for you, but I had no doubt you would survive.

Dr.White: Well, I doubted for a second but it was an... interesting encounter.

Erik: I bet! You've never been shot right? 

Dr.White: Actually...

Erik: You know what? I don't want to hear it. You are fine now, and that's what matters.

Dr.White: I don't want to be rude, but I feel really tired. I'm happy that all of you came to visit me. 

Erik: 

Alright man, we'll leave now. Get well soon.