Chapter twelve

"Woah Ri, just because mum and dad aren't home doesn't mean you can bring a bunch of guys over." Anna said as she stared at the Bad Batch following Riley towards her room.

Riley sighed and turned to face Anna. "First, it's not what you think. Second, there's a girl here, Omega. And third, we're just picking up some things before we leave." Riley told her. Anna scoffed and stood up from her spot on the couch.

"Then who are these people and where are you going?" Anna questioned. Riley glanced nervously at her boys then looked back at Anna. "You remember how when I worked on Kamino you would always call me and I would always be with that one batch of cadets?" Riley said.

"Yeah you're sons, the ones that ate breakfast with you almost every morning. Why are you-oh my maker." Anna's jaw dropped and she stared at the batch. "THESE ARE YOUR SONS!?!" She asked, running to Riley and shaking her.

"Yes now stop shaking me!" Riley confirmed. Hunter leaned towards Tech and mumbled, "Is the the crazy sister or the obsessive sister?" Tech glanced at Anna before turning back to Hunter. "Honestly...I can't tell." Hunter answered.

Anna let go of her older sister and walked closer to the batch warily. "You gonna introduce me to my nephews?" She joked, raising an eyebrow at Riley. The brunettes chuckled and stood next to the boys.

"Bandanna over there is Hunter," Riley started, pointing to Hunter, "Goggles over here is Tech," She nodded her head towards him, "The tall baldy is Wrecker," she pointed and stuck her tongue out at him, "that's my new son Echo and this is my new daughter Omega." She finished, putting each of her hands on their shoulders.

Anna looked them over for a moment before repeating. "Hunter, Tech, Wrecker, Echo, and Omega." She pointed to each of them as she said their names. "Wait but if Echo's new where's the other one?" She asked.

Riley's mood changed at that question. She stared down at the floor, fidgeting with her hands. Omega noticed this and looked towards Hunter, he nodded at her and moved to stand next to Riley. He put a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"Um...Crosshair's with the....empire." She mumbled out. Anna looked sympathetically at her, she knew perfectly well what the empire was and she knew Riley likely felt terrible. "Oh Ri," she wrapped her arms around her sister, "I'm sorry."

Riley pushed Anna off of her and looked up from the floor. "It's fine,that's why we're here actually. We're gonna go get him back." She said. Anna nodded and backed away so Riley could reach her room.

Riley smiled sadly at her as a thank you and lead the batch into her bedroom. She opened the door to her closet and chuckled as Wrecker gasped upon seeing her large array of guns, knives, and bombs. "You had these the whole time we were on Kamino?" Wrecker asked.

"Indeed I did. Here you'd like this." She tossed him a detonator and after catching it he stared at it in awe. "This..this is my favorite," she took a rifle looking blaster from its place on the wall, "this is an A350 blaster rifle. Stole it off of some thug that came into the inn one day. Great for long distance shots, Cross would probably like it." She said, holding it up and aiming at a target she had in her room.

"Pack what you need and let's go." Hunter told her. Riley grabbed a bag and put some blasters, knives, and detonators in it, along with some spare clothes. "Alright," she looked up at the boys and gestured for them to head out the door. She stopped midway realizing Omega wasn't following.