Double Double Toil and Trouble

*~fades back in from commercials
*~Time jump to the next morning.

Jackson is eating finger foods at his high chair and Angela is looking at the pages of an old tattered hand written journal. She has a cup of coffee and note book on the counter next to her that she is scribbling notes in. She lands on a spell called duality.  It talks about uniting two opposing forces one light and a dark.  Helping the lost find their true north. She decides this is what she is looking for.

She needs 3 practitioners: 
so she writes down Nyla and Tamara. 
An object of importance given from one person to the other. (The ring)
Saliva from both parties Lucy's Tim's 🥃 she would enlist Nyla and Tamara help today.
Lavender sage bergimot and myrrh.  She had all those in the cabinet. 
She frowned at the last ingredient: earth for grounding.  She wrote sand from the desert where Lucy was found.  She wasn't looking forward to returning to that place but she knew it was key to the spell.
She could also use the earth for darkness and Lucy's ring for the Light.
She was ready...

She pulls out her phone and face times Nyla and Tamara.  Both faces appear on her screen:  Nyla looking alert and slightly disgruntled and Tamara disheveled and barely conscious.

Angela: I need y'all to be my partners in crime or part of my coven for the day.  Are you free?

Nyla: Oh thank God. It's the first day of my Maternity leave and I was literally going to be Watching. Paint. Dry. Apparently I'm not allowed to paint in my condition.
At least I got to see Lila yesterday since my ex developed some mysterious rash.

Off camera: James: Please Angela take her out but no gun fights.

Angela: (clears her throat to cover her chuckle) Absolutely no gun fights it will mainly be lunch and distraction. Hopefully the rash isn't too....umm....serious but I am glad you got to see Lila.

Tamara: I have class til 11 and then I have the lunch shift at the grill. If you go there for lunch I can help. I'm down for pretty much anything but if I get arrested and Lucy has to bail me out you have to run interference with Tim.

Angela: Well thanks but this phase of the plan doesn't require any shock and awe. So here's the plan Lucy wants me to put a curse on Tim because he pretended to propose to Ashley in front of her.

Nyla: mm-hmm I bet she does. But, your really going to curse your best friend? I mean Donovan totally had it coming but..

Angela: Oh Tim will be enchanted but I never directly promised a curse. So I have almost everything I need except saliva from Tim and some sand from the desert where Tim saved Lucy. So y'all in to help out on operation Tucy?

Tamara: Yeah but you can't call it that, it's lame.

Nyla: She is right. It's totally operation Chenford. What do you need us to do?

Angela: It's Tim's day off so I'll text him to meet Nyla and I at the restaurant. I have a swab kit for you Tamara so we can get the saliva when you clear his drink. I might be there a few minutes late because I will be getting back from the dessert. So let's synchronize our watches. 

Tamara: Seriously who wears watches?

Nyla:  Ok we will be there at 1130. Tamara make sure they seat us in your station.

Angela: (to Wesley who is pooring coffee) Patrice will be here to watch Jack by 830.
~* FaceTime ends
~* Angela texts Tim

Angela: Meet Nyla and I at the grill at 1130 for lunch. My treat.
MOH: 👍🏻

~* time jump: Angela at the dessert fills a small vial with sand.

~time jump: Nyla and Tim sit at a 4 top table in a small diner. Angela arrives and sits between them. Tamara comes up and offers to let them know the specials.

Tim: (arms folded across his chest and eyes narrowed on Tamara) Since when are you working here. I thought you were focusing on school this semester.

Tamara: (rolls her eyes and hand on her hip) I have straight As and I need the money since I am going to get a car from the police auction.

Tim: (digs out his money clip and pulls out a business card and hands it to Tamara) That's a solid plan but make sure my guy checks your car out right away. Tell him Bradford sent you. You don't know what those cars have been through before we end up with them.

Tamara: Got it Thanks. (Remembering the Plan) What can I get y'all to drink.

Nyla: Ginger-ale please.

Angela: House Red

Tim: Budlight

They watch Tamara walk away.

Angela: You care about her.

Tim: (shakes his head and not meeting eye contact) Wha..No.. it's just Lucy would be a drag to ride with if she died in a fireyball on the 405.

Angela and Nyla at the same time.
Angela: Mm-hmm.
Nyla: Like hell.

Angela: I never thought I'd see the day that Tim Bradford would adopt a puppy. (Lips curling in an all knowing smile)

Tim: (grumbling) We going to order food today or what.

Tamara returns with the drinks. They all order burgers and fries.

Nyla: So how are the Hawaii plans coming?

Tim: (involuntarily winces and Angela and Nyla exchange glances while sipping there drinks) Ashley found an Airbnb that we are going to stay at.

Nyla: Well that will be

Angela(cuts her off) Cozy. Is Chen right you popping the question?!

Nyla: Ashley second Marriage material?

Tim: Jeez, you two too. That's all Lucy would talk about all day yesterday but I got her in the end (Mischievous Grin) I pretended to propose to Ashley. You should have seen Lucy's face. She totally fell for it.

Nyla: Wait so your girlfriend was cool with pretending to get engaged?

Tim: oh definitely, we had already cleared up that this is just a vacation. We are magic and all but she never has interest in marriage or kids. She just isn't cut that way.

Nyla: (eyes bugging out of her head) Yeah that sounds, magical?

Angela: Tim you have always wanted marriage and kids. If Isabel hadn't.. you'd have already.

Tim: (pinched the bridge of his nose) I know.

Tamara comes with a new round of drinks and clears the empties.

Tamara: Food will be right out.

Camera follows her to the back where she swabs the bud light bottle before throwing it away and but the swab in the ziploc in her book bag. She would drop it by Angela's house later tonight.

*fade to commercial brake