Short Story - The Guy in Tech Class

"Oh my God, he's just that cute!" My best friend Amy exclaimed, spastically flinging her arms everywhere. We were in the last class of the day, Dance, sitting down in our dance clothes in the portable next to the school, and she was absolutely going crazy about some guy in her Tech class that I just had to meet. "More than the others!"

"I thought your class had a bunch of cute guys." I asked and she nodded quickly, smiling widely while her brown eyes sparkled.

"Yeah, but he's like that guy from Pretty Little Liars except in high school!" She shrieked, and I stared at her humorously. I had the plan in my head, that I was probably going to meet this guy and try to hook them up. Amy isn't exactly the outgoing type, she's shy and keeps to herself, except around friends. She also needed desperate help, because she couldn't talk to guys for the life of her. I was trying to help her, but my plan was devious. I felt so evil for it…

"Which guy? I don't really watch that show." I replied, trying to ignore the excitedness in her voice.

"The teacher guy!" She exclaimed, and I nodded.

"Oh… okay." I said, thinking of the guy. I knew what he looked like, brown hair that was kinda long, didn't know eye color, but I could picture him in my mind.

"Now think of him as a high schooler." She ordered, and the image in my head didn't really change that much. "And he's Italian."

"Okay, that is hot." I admitted, and she nodded even more. I personally liked Italians just because my boyfriend was, but I let her take the conversation back to her problem.

"See? Why do all the cute guys have to be in my Tech class!" She whined, and I shrugged.

"I don't know, but I'm going to follow you and be all like, 'so, you have a girlfriend?' and then he's gonna be all like-" I was cut off by her shaking me.

"No no no no!" She exclaimed, and I laughed. "Don't do that!"

"Whatever, you need to learn how to talk to guys somehow."

"I can't…"

"I know you can't, and that's why I'm going to teach you." I smirked as her jaw dropped, letting out a squeaky whine. "Oh what, you know it's true."

"Yeah, but I won't do it… he sits two seats away from me." She explained, tapping her hands on the ground and showing me her mental picture.

"What's his name?" I asked, and she said something, but I gave up trying to pronounce it. It started with a 'G' and that's all I caught.

"Have you tried adding him to Facebook?"

"I can't spell his name to figure it out."

"Wow, stalker." I laughed, thinking of her sitting at her computer and stalking people on the web. "And you didn't think to ask him how he spelled his name?"

"I can't talk to him." She whined, and I sighed.

"Okay, you gotta end up being partners with him, and you gotta find something in common with him if you wanna end up going somewhere with it." I advised, and she shook her head.

"It's usually group projects…" She corrected me, and it was worse, but I could work it.

"Then be in his group, figure out what he likes and if he has a girlfriend. I'm trying to help you out the best I can here!" I told her, and she shrugged, and I leaned in and laid up against her shoulder, and she scooted away from me, and I fell onto the hard, black floor. "See? You won't even let your best friend touch you."

"But he's cute." She smiled, flicking two fingers down from her chin. Okay, yes, we were both in Sign Language, so we knew quite a few signs. I groaned, trying to work with her stubbornness.

"I can't help ya if you don't work with me." I told her, and then the teacher, Ms. Harvey, shushed us and we got back to dancing modern style. We didn't really talk much more about him, but I was pretty sure she wasn't going to take my advice. She was shy, and it sucked. But I'll figure out if it worked at some point.

~~~~~~~~~~

I followed Amy after Geometry to her Tech Class the next day, and she kept trying to shoo me away but I ran ahead of her, and she'd catch up, rinse and repeat. The hallway was long, but we eventually reached it, and I stood outside the large window, peering in without being noticed.

"Who is he, Amy?" I asked, and she cocked her head slightly at the window, smirking.

"Red hoodie." She whispered, and my eyes searched the classroom for a guy who was sitting at a computer, his back turned to us.

"Damn, does he have to be avoiding us like that? I can't see his face." I whined, but turned back to her. "Just talk to him."

"I don't wanna…" She whimpered, and I shook my head and sighed.

"I can't help you if you won't cooperate." I stated, crossing my arms. "Can I just go in there and talk to him for you?"

"Sure, my teacher won't care." She smirked, but I couldn't do it. It was her problem, not mine. So I pulled the lamest excuse in the book.

"Know what, I'm missing lunch because of this. I gotta go eat my lunch, good luck with what's-his-name." I smirked, and she looked down at the ground nervously. "Just go in there, you're gonna be late."

"Fine." She muttered, and we both separated and headed to different spots.

"Good luck." I muttered under my breath as I headed to the cafeteria and sat down at my lunch table. I'll get the status about that later…