Chapter 14 - "I'm gonna make you fall in love"

꧁•⊹٭𝙹𝚎𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚏𝚎𝚛٭⊹•꧂

Oh, yay! The hot water has ran out... again!

I step out of the shower and grab a towel to quickly dry off, eventually replacing it with my fuzzy black bathrobe when I'm done. I check my hair quickly in the mirror, making sure it isn't standing up anywhere that it shouldn't be - or else it will dry similar to the head of red-whiskered bulbul looking for a mate... Once satisfied that I don't look like a horny bird, I exit the bathroom.

I immediately spot Alissa, who is still fast asleep, wrapped in a thick blanket. For some reason my feet won't let me move as I gaze down at the sleeping girl. She's so peaceful - unlike me when I'm asleep. I've been told I look like a drooling dog, not a cute one.

"Stop staring, weirdo"

Shit-

"I wasn't staring, weirdo... I was just about to wake you up" I respond casually, attempting to cover the fact that I was - in-fact - staring.

"So, it took you a whole 30 seconds to think of a sentence worthy enough to wake me with?" She laughs, calling my bluff as she finally opens her eyes to meet my gaze with a knowing smirk.

"Only the best for you, darling... by the way, there's no hot water left"

I use the damp towel in my hands to my advantage, throwing it over her face when I finish speaking, shuffling away with an evil laugh before she retaliates.

"Eat a dick, Lancaster!"

I disappear into the bedroom, still chuckling to myself as I drop my bathrobe and begin to get dressed. It doesn't take long, considering I had previously prepared my underwear, grey sweat shorts and matching hoodie on the bed before going for my shower. I grab a pair of white socks from my bedside drawer and throw them on, followed by my comfy grey and black Jordans that I rarely wear anymore. I run my hand through my damp hair one last time, flattening the sides and parting it in the middle to let it dry quicker, before exiting the room.

I saunter over to the kitchen, stepping over Alissa along the way whilst she remains glued to her bedroll, scrolling aimlessly on her phone.

"Fuck my life... I've ran out of cereal!" I whine, closing the cupboard with a disappointed pout.

"Wanna go get breakfast?"

My ears perk up in response to her question, especially how quickly she had chimed in with it - as if she already knew that I was going to complain, waiting for the perfect moment to use my lack of cereal to her advantage.

"Are you asking me on a date?" I pry curiously, locking in on her emerald orbs from across the room.

"If that's what you want it to be, then yes"

"Well, as a matter of fact... I do"

"Okay then..." She replies, smiling wide before standing with a gentle stretch, her T-shirt riding up to reveal her waist just briefly.

She proceeds to walk into the kitchen, knowing she has my full attention, refusing to break eye contact as she comes to a halt just centimetres in front of me.

"It's a date, Lancaster"

She needs to stop...

"Don't do that" I reply with a raised brow.

She tries to act innocent, shrugging as she takes the ties of my hoodie gently between her fingers, making my heart rate increase.

"Do what?"

"You know what..." I sigh, wrapping my arms around her waist, pulling her flush against me.

"Why?"