𝟷. 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜 - 𝚙𝚝𝟷

Song recommendation: The Look - Roxette

Plot: Season 1... King Steve.

Y/n Hagan, Hawkins' High beloved cheerleader. She was what every girl wanted to be, and who every guy wanted, attached to their hip. I guess that's the pleasure of being related to the second most popular guy in school, Tommy Hagan.

The day Y/n had officially moved to Hawkins she became the talk of the town, especially amongst Tommy's little group. Catching the complete attention of Hawkins High's King, Steve Harrington.

Carol had been gossiping about some couple making out in the stalls of the girls' lavatory.

Steve had been zoning in and out of the conversation, only to make snarky comments and laugh when needed. However, the sound of chatter died down the minute he looked up. His eyes were glued to the green and white skirt that was Hawkin's cheerleader outfit. Following up the skirt, to the knit sweater, sat against the back was h/c hair sleeked back into a perfect clean ponytail. A beautiful smile sat on the rose coloured lips as a melodious laugh escaped. As she stared at the jock in front of her. Too starstruck, Steve failed to notice the young girl turning in his direction.

"TOMMY! CAROL! Oh my God."

By the time he snapped out of his trance, she had already pulled away from Tommy and smiled at Carol.

"Hey, hey, Y/n. Long time no see. How is Uncle Timmy going with the whole set-up? Dad and I are coming over tonight to help out."

Feeling Steve's intense gaze on her Y/n, shifted herself to face him. Smiling softly she gave a little giggle as Steve watched the curls in her ponytail bonce gently.

"I'm so sorry, how rude of me not to introduce myself... Hi, I'm Y/n, Tommy's cousin." She stuck her hand out. Snapping himself out of this siren-like trance, Steve carefully took a hold of her hand. His eyes took notice of her perfectly manicured nails. French tip to be exact. And silk-like skin.

"I think loverboy here, is in love." Carol nudged Tommy.

"He better not be," Tommy muttered, his eyes glaring holes into his best friend's head.

Steve couldn't help the small smile that formed on his lips. Never had he ever witnessed anyone, except for his mother, to be this perfect and smell of nothing but vanilla and coconut.

"I swear, I've met you before... Haven't I met him before Tommy?"

Turning to her cousin, Y/n met Tommy's intense gaze and Carol's smirking form.

"Oh, right you are, Y/n. Right you are... Tommy's tenth birthday party."

It hit Steve. Yes, he had met Y/n before. So long ago though. He thought he would never see her again, yet here she stood as real as a rose.

"Steve don't you have your little study date, with Lil miss perfect. Nancy?"

Frowning Steve gently let go of Y/n's hand and check his watch. Shooting his gaze up, panic-struck in his eyes. He couldn't be late for his lesson, if he failed another class then his whole year of basketball would be thrown out the door. That and his captain status. Bye-bye popularity. Plus he didn't want that title going to Tommy.

"Oh shit, yeah... well I'll see you around."

And with that Steve took off down the hall, missing Y/n's wondering eyes following his figure down the hall. Focusing back at the couple behind her, she met Tommy's gaze once again.

"No." Shocked by her cousin's cold demeanour, she attempted to defend herself, only to have Tommy walk off with Carol following behind. Looking back to where Steve had disappeared, Y/n sighed to herself and made her way to cheer practice.

This indeed was going to be an interesting year.

A/N: hope you all enjoyed it. Sorry if was a bit rushed. I'm planning on making this a mini series, but I'm not sure yet. I'll be posting Eddie soon, hopefully tonight. Once again images sourced from Pinterest. I would love to hear your ideas, fingers crossed I'll be receiving your requests.