𝚍𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗 - 𝚛𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝

Warning: SEASON 4 SPOILERS

Song: Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper

Your brother's words echoed in your mind. Jesus Christ, you were screwed, well you and everyone else in Hawkins. It's such a shame they all fell prey to society's provocative ideas of high-school students being in an infamous satanist group. If only they knew, Hell Fire had only been a DnD club. Stupid fools, closed-minded fools. If only they had bothered to reach out and step out of that idea, and learn something new like computers. Then, you probably wouldn't be looking for a hiding, Eddie Munson.

Poor guy.

You were scared that your brother - Steve Harrington - would fall prey to it too. But, thanks to Dustin Henderson he didn't.

The guy managed to get Steve to tag along in anything. From finding his 'pet' Demogorgon, dart to the Russian conspiracy in star court mall. So this was practically nothing for him.

You remembered, Steve being missing for what felt like a week, and your parents asking about him the night of Billy Hargrove's death.

The two boys pleaded with you to stay home, and with hesitation you did. Though you regretted every minute of it.

You had learned that Dustin's so-called 'girlfriend' Suzie had saved the day. Max had spilled the beans a month after. You were hurt but didn't dare show it to anyone.

You knew everyone had kept something hidden from you. You were never one to pry, so you kept quiet. Kept quiet about feeling left out. Kept quiet being in love with your best friend. Kept quiet about your nightmares.

You twiddled with your thumbs, nervously. They were going over the plan to save Hawkins. Nancy had confessed the visions Vecna had shown her.

Too in your thoughts, you had felt the wetness slowly trickling down your nose. Yes, you had been getting these migraines, and visiting the school counsellor, but as always you had been discrete about it.

No one knew, well one person did but she was no longer here.

Nightmares plagued your dreams, of these things.

Not human, but human-like.

Glowing eyes.

Burnt skin.

Flying bat-like creatures.

You couldn't explain it. Every time you would, your voice would cease. Disappear like it was never there. And you would sit there shocked, by the sudden disappearance.

Helpless and Scared.

Ms Kelly would just wave it off as if you were afraid to open up. But that was the thing, you weren't. You were trying so hard, yet something was stopping you.