Chapter 8 - Stranger

How do you like the place, where Nessa went? I think it's quite beautiful :)

Someone nudges me into my shoulder, when I almost fall asleep on the table.

I lift my head and see a girl figure looking down at me. She has dirty blond hair and brown eyes, that are smiling to mine absent minded ones.

I jump up and hug surprised Nessa, who hugs me back.

Nessa is my only friend and the only one I trust enough to tell her everything.

She pushes me out of the classroom while she muffles under her breath: "Go out, go out, go out, before I lose my mind and send the teacher somewhere light doesn't shine."

I laugh loudly and turn over some sardonic heads from people on the hallway, who are mocking me again.

Nessa and I head to the cafeteria, where she pushes us past the students that are pushing and shoving us  in every possible direction.

With our lunch we sit on the grass, right next to the basketball court. It's just enough of the distance for us not to get hit by the ball and Nessa enjoying the muscles at work as she likes to phrase it.

But before I even bite in my sandwich something flys in my arm and knocks it out on the ground.

"Hey!" I cry out.

Matt's bag is now lying next to me and him and Dan sit on the grass beside us.

"How you doing, flowers?" Dan winks at us.

"A bit worse, now that you robbed me of my lunch." I murmur at the ground, looking at the sandwich I will now not be able to eat.

"Did you say something?" Matt asks, but I look in his way and just smile insincerely.

"No, nothing."

"What do you need? We are in the middle of the lunch!" Nessa asks, clearly annoyed.

Dan takes her juice that is lying in front of her crossed legs, and starts sipping it. Nessa shouts in terror. She's trying to get her juice box back but Dan holds it to high in the air, smiling shamelessly at her failing attempts. "It's mine now."

"I came to you about tutoring. You got so upset last time when I just showed up, so I figured that wouldn't be so good."

"You came into my house unannounced! Who wouldn't get upset?!"

"Lots of people, believe me." Nessa says a bit to loudly. Dan opens his eyes in surprise and looks at his friend.

I turn around and ask Matt: "How about tomorrow?"

"Sure. But wait for me in school and after my practice we can go straight to my place."

Nessa seductively licks her lips and growls: "Laken, what didn't you tell me?"

Dan laughs loudly — like I did before, but no one is judging him — and Nessa blushes.

"So tomorrow." Boys stand up simultaneously. Matt leaves without a goodbye but Dan turns around and winks. "Bye, angels." Nessa blushes even more and looks at the ground.

"He owes me a sandwich," I say into the air, where Matt was sitting.

"So," I turn to my friend, "how was the vacations."

"It was awesome! I haven't seen my family in so long."

******

After school, Nessa waits with me, only until she sees the door to the gym opening. At that point she just runs off while yelling, "Have fun, lovebirds!"