Chapter 18

Enjoy!

Lucy's POV

"Lucy!" I heard mum call.

"Yeah?" I called back.

"The police are on the phone, they want to speak to you."

I run downstairs and find mum in the kitchen telling them,

"Lucy will be down in a sec... Here she is right now!"

She hands me the phone.

"Hello?"

"Is this Lucy Sanchez?" The person on the other end asks.

"Yes it is."

"Could you please come down to the Shipwreck Bay Police Station immediately. There has been a development on Jasmine Phillip's disappearance."

"Okay I will be there in 5 minutes." I reply before hanging up and rushing out the door to get my bike.

Have they found Jasmine?

________________________________________________________________________________

When I arrive at the Police Station, I find Nick already locking his bike onto the rack.

"Did the police call you over here too?" I ask.

He jumps before saying,

"You scared me! And yeah they did, something about Jasmine, wasn't it?"

I nod. 

"Hopefully something good."

He agrees and we both walk in together.

"Hi we're Lucy and Nick, we were called over here by-,"

"3rd door on your left." The reception lady rudely interrupts, not looking up.

What is with receptionists and being rude?

We both shrug and followed the lady's instructions.

Nick knocks on the door and it's opened by a police officer.

"Lucy Sanchez and Nicolas Fletcher?"

I see Nick cringe at the use of his full name. We nod and he welcomes us in. Jasmine's parents are also in the room.

Their eyes are tear-stained.

"Please take a seat."

We sit down awkwardly  in the chairs next to Jasmine's parents. 

The police officer holds up a necklace and I gasp.

"This is Jasmine's, correct?" The police officer asks.

I nod. It was, I had never seen Jasmine not wear it.

"Where was it found?" I ask, hoping there would be more clues as to where Jasmine is.

"In some bushland. Some bushland near the Devil Cliffs."

Nick lets out a gasp of shock. 

"The Devils Cliffs?! Only one person has ever made it back up alive from there!"

"What?" I ask, seriously confused. What were the Devils Cliffs, why were they so bad, and if Jasmine was there, is she still alive now?

"The Devils Cliffs are the deadliest cliffs around this area. Its extremely unstable, and no one knows what lays at the bottom because the only person who made it out alive fell into a coma and died 2 weeks after emerging." Jasmine's mum quietly says to me. Her voice was wobbly and shaky.

"Oh." That explains why they're so upset.

If Jasmine was near the cliffs, there's a very high possibility that she still is...just not alive.

________________________________________________________________________________

I open the car door and step out into tall, itchy grass.

The Devils Cliffs are about 20 minutes out of town and there is yellow police tape looped around nearly trees blocking it off from public access.

The policeman who'd driven us holds up the tape for us so we can duck under.

"Where was the necklace?" I ask.

The policeman leads me over to a marked area.

"It was just over here but there is a few possibilities as to why it is here. Jasmine either could've been taken here or..." he nervously glanced at Jasmine's parents who were standing a few meters away from us, staring at the cliffs. "Died here."

"I think I've found something!" Another police officer who was searching the rocks by the cliff face exclaims.

We all go to see what it is. 

"Just there." The police officer says, holding back some grass to show us what he'd found.

Everyone falls silent.

About a meter long is a pool of fresh, sticky, wet blood that leads off the edge of the cliff.

________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter but I hope you enjoyed!

592 Words