ᴛᴏ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ || ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

You swiftly flicked your knife to his throat, watching him stiffen, and then relax all the way. "Calm down, kid. Though, I really don't think you'd be able to, after all that mess you got yourself into."

"Then settle for the knife on your throat. If you know how I feel."

Sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry-

"That won't do anything, kiddo." He shrugged. "We can regenerate, you know that, right?"

"..."

Slowly, you moved your knife to his eye.

His shoulders stiffened, his hands subconsciously moving to the hilt on the strap of his horse. "Watch it." You scolded.

"How'd you know?"

"Just knew there must be something about those eyes of yours. You regenerate yet you cover your eyes up with those mask of yours."

"I see, I see." He said calmly. "I'll let you keep that thing there if you don't actually kill me, 'kay?"

Thank you thank you thank you sorry-

<Calm down.>

M'kay.

Your gaze catches a small opening, so small it seems to be but a simple and tiny hedge underground and was surrounded by roots similar to the underground cave. From the way the horse calmed its pace and its direction of movement, it was definitely the cave Sonju and Mujika resided in.

Sonju unmounted the horse, reaching out a hand for you but you hopped down immediately, pointing the knife at him, still keeping the cautious pretense.

"Where are they?" You demanded.

"In there." He pointed his finger. Called it.

Surprisingly, it was pretty big, big enough to shove an exceptionally thin horse in, at least.

(A/n: their "hideout" was supposed to be hidden right? this is me reasoning my way out of things since it wasnt explained lmao)

You slid inside and ran all the way. "Guys? Anna? Gilda? Where are you??" You yelled as you ran.

Ending up in a dead end, you heard voices call you from the left and before you could see them, you were tackled to the ground, and you immediately shoved your knife in your sleeve.

You heaved a heavy sigh. Finally.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!"

You remembered the wound on your throat.

Bye bye rest.

Gilda gave you an earful.

"I was just threatening them so they won't approach me! They see me as merchandise! A very special one apparently. Not a single drop of blood must be shed unless they want to live! It was necessary!"

"You didn't actually have to hurt yourself! Y/n!"

"I was provoking them into a longer conversation to buy time to think! I needed to figure out how to run away!"

"Reckless." Ray commented.

You snapped at him. "As if you weren't planning on doing it first."

Gilda also gave him an earful.

After Gilda's scolding, you formally and officially greeted Sonju and Mujika.

"Thank you for helping us out." You bowed your head slightly. "I'm Y/n, nice to meet you."