17

Hazel quietly ate her breakfast with Wilson as she didn't even look at him.

Fran, Jay and the scowler maid stood to the side as they waited for any command from the prince or princess.

"Our coronation will be next Sunday." Wilson announced as he loudly chewed on his food.

Sunday? That's quick... Jay thought as he stared at the floor, trying to seem like he wasn't listening.

"I am aware." The princess nonchalantly said as she took a sip of her freshly squeezed orange juice.

The prince looked up at her as she wouldn't acknowledge him.

"Are you not excited to be the queen?"

"I knew I would be the queen. My excitement isn't much different." She informed as she looked up at the prince, who rolled his eyes.

"At least now you will be my queen." He placed emphasis on the 'my' to which the princess only raised her eyebrows. "Jay, serve me more apple juice."

"I don't believe that's his job Wilson."

Jay looked over at the princess who was quick to say those words, making Wilson glare at her.

"He's a servant."

"He is my guard. He's here to watch over me, not serve your breakfast. I believe I've made that fact very clear. Honey." Hazel gave a fake smile as she raised her eyebrow.

Wilson let out a breath as he watched the maid serve the apple juice for him.

"Thank you, Seri." Fran said quietly as she watched her return to her spot.

"Have you started preparations?" Wilson changed the topic as he tried to avoid the fact that his pride was hurt.

He couldn't react in a wrong way in front of the servants, as word could be spread. Hazel was hyper aware of this fact, so now she could speak as much as she wanted. Although she might regret it later.

"I don't believe I need to. Those have been done since I was seven."

The prince nodded his head as he finished his food, standing from the chair.

"Well, I need to head out for my studies." Wilson stated as he approached the princess.

Her stomach dropped as she didn't know what he was going to do.

The prince placed a sudden peck on her lips which made her flinch, but she couldn't react outrageously, as Seri, someone who wasn't aware of their real relationship, was in the room.

She quickly looked down at the table as the prince smirked.

"Seri, would you please walk the prince down to the doors, where his guards are waiting." Fran ordered to which Seri nodded her head.

Seri walked ahead of the prince as she led him to where he needed to go, closing the door after he walked out.

Fran looked at Hazel in pity as the princess grabbed a napkin and wiped her lips.

"He's disgusting." She whispered to herself as she grabbed her orange juice, taking a huge sip as if trying to wash away the fact that he kissed her.

Fran turned her head to Jay who had placed his arms behind his back with a small frown.

*****

The princess reset the chess game as she let out a sigh. Her thoughts were too occupied.

She couldn't stop thinking about the coronation. The wedding that she didn't want. The king that she didn't want. The disappointment on her parents' faces if she reveals her dislike for the prince. The prince himself. The way he kissed her without her permission.