24

The streets buzzed with noise as the women, children, and elderly men left behind from the war decorated them.

It was the first coronation day in 27 years. The last coronation happened when the king was granted his title for the first time after the tragic death of his father.

Nobody understood why the king had chosen to resign so quickly, after his father had ruled for 35 years before his death.

Some people assumed he was sick and near death, or he was just tired and wanted to rest.

Either way, the expected day had arrived, where the young princess and prince would be crowned as King and Queen of Alba.

The princess watched from her window as people had started lining up at the castle gates to have first class views of the newly presented king and queen once the coronation ceremony was over.

She was completely ready already. Her gown was fluffed, her hair curled, gloves were on and the princess crown was on her head.

She looked down at her hand, where her wedding band sat over her crisp white gloves.

"Today is the mouse trap day." Hazel whispered to herself as she let out a sigh.

A knock on her door made her break her thoughts as she viewed it open.

"Your highness, the guests and the prince are awaiting your arrival." Taeyong said politely as he bowed at the princess.

Hazel nodded her head curtly as she walked towards the door, holding the guard's arm which he had offered.

****

Jay checked his watch as he patiently waited around the corner for the princess.

His eyes brightened as he spotted her being escorted by Taeyong.

Taeyong contained his smirk at the sight of Jay, who gestured for them to stop.

"I have been sent by the king to escort the princess the rest of the way."

"Oh really?" Taeyong teased.

Jay playfully rolled his eyes as the princess stared at them in confusion.

"Well, alright. Excuse me your highness." Taeyong smiled nicely as he bowed at the princess and walked away, but not before patting Jay on his shoulder.

"Don't mind him, your highness." Jay said as he shook his head, extending his arm for the princess to hold.

She hesitantly held his arm as they walked slowly.

"I thought you would be nervous. So I came to give you a 'cheer-up' walk." Jay whispered softly as he looked at the princess.

Hazel tilted her head before looking at him.

"I am."

"Don't be."

"How can I not? I'll be the queen in less than fifteen minutes." She exasperatedly said as she shook her head.

Jay chuckled as he looked down at the ground for a second.

He looked behind him at the empty hallway and stopped walking, holding both of the princess' hands.

"You will be the best queen ever. I assure you that." He said comfortingly.

The princess leaned forward and pressed a soft kiss on his lips, as to not ruin her lipstick.

"I know." She whispered cheekily as she raised her eyebrows. "I'm not nervous about being the queen."

"Then what are you nervous about?"