XVII

DARK GRAY EYES STARE hazily at Olivia and Amos not really seeing the pair sitting in front of them.

The red-haired boy blinked a few times still seeming out of it, he then squeezed his eyes shut and opened them once again finally focusing on the two in front of him his face contorted into a look of confusion.
The boy winced, his head ached, the room was cold and spinning (?), and he was seeing double of whatever was in front of him the light filling the room wasn't helping at all either.

"w..." He tried to speak but his voice was weak and his throat hurt, he tried to clear his throat though it just came out as a wet cough, "What..." His voice trailed off.

"You're awake! Are you feeling ok? You had a pretty bad fever." Olivia asked masking her excitement with concern. The boy stared at her like he didn't truly believe she was there.

"Uh..hello?" Amos waved his hand in front of the boy's face but he only stared at him with the same look. "Wh..who? W-what-..?" The boy cleared his throat again ending with another cough.
"Do you want some water? I-I mean I don't have a cup but...the bucket isn't too big..." Olivia chuckled nervously.

The boy weakly nodded his neck and body felt stiff and ached when he pushed himself into a sitting position. Olivia with the help of Amos picked up the bucket and brought it to the boy's lips he drank the water generously, it spilled out of his mouth and traveled down his neck soaking his shirt.

"Geez..." Amos muttered under his breath, the boy took a deep breath after one last gulp, finally pulling away from the bucket.

"W-who are you?" His voice was shaky.

Olivia clapped her hands together seeming a little too excited, "I'm Olivia. Olivia Auclair and this is my friend Amos!" The boy seemed taken aback by her chipper mood, he'd never seen someone so happy to meet another person or him specifically.

"Chill out, you're gonna scare him, weirdo." Amos said elbowing Olivia in the side. "Sorry..." Olivia muttered out an apology.

The boy looked between the two who quietly continued to bicker, he was uneasy, he didn't know the intentions of the two, why they were here, or why they helped him. The boy, Amos, seemed like he didn't want to be there but did seem not too hostile and the girl, Olivia although weird, seemed nice enough.

"Uhm..." He said cutting the two off, they turned their attention back to him, "My name is Ezekiel...Uh...It's nice to meet you." Ezekiel said slowly.

Olivia nearly jumped in joy, she'd found the right one! Ezekiel Von Esteban, the third prince of the Esteban empire and the male lead.
Olivia didn't remember much about him besides what Amos told her, she'd blocked out what most of the book had said. She did remember the novel saying that only once he entered the academy did he start making a name for himself, his popularity in society quickly grew and he became the most beloved prince in a short amount of time and soon after was named crown prince. Olivia didn't know how he did it but after a while, she stopped questioning the logic of it all.

"Awesome! Let's be friends!" Olivia gave him a cheeky smile moving her face closer to Ezekiel. "Huh!?" The boy in question exclaimed his face started to heat up painting his cheeks in a light red, he instinctually backed away, he seemed bewildered. Amos couldn't blame him. He'd known the girl for two years now and he was still often caught off guard by her boldness, she acted as if she were in some play and nothing or anyone around her would be affected by her actions.

"Yeah! Come on! We can all be friends!" Amos grabbed Olivia's shoulder pulling her back as she, quite literally, started bouncing in place. Ezekiel looked between the two once again, he couldn't understand what he'd woken up to. Olive held her hands together, barely being able to contain herself, she had a large grin on her face and her eyes seemed to sparkle with expectation, Amos too, seemed to be looking at him with expectation, his hand still on Olivia's shoulder to stop her from jumping off the walls.

Ezekiel felt like he had no choice but to say yes. He had an unexplainable feeling that these two wouldn't take no for an answer and always come bother him until he eventually caved in, so what was the point of even trying? "S-sure...I guess..." Ezekiel said with a wonky smile.

Olivia jumped up, "Perfect! Now that we're friends," She held out her hand for Ezekiel to take, "You can call me Olive." She smiled as she pulled Ezekiel up, the blankets falling off of him. He was smaller than a boy his age should be, he was right between Amos and Olivia, being a year older than the latter but a year younger than Amos, yet he was short, a lot shorter than Olivia he looked about Ophelia's size—a five-year-old—if she had to compare, and extremely skinny. (Seriously what was up with this novel and starving all their main leads?) Olivia sweat dropped but never let her smile falter.

"Oh..ok.." Ezekiel was still hesitant around Amos and Olivia but he trusted them. Perhaps he was naive, or perhaps they were good people, he'll stick around to find out but he won't let his guard down.

"Well, now that we're friends, we'll help you clean up this room. It's almost uninhabitable and friends help each other out!" Olivia smiled placing her hands on her hips. "Right Amos?" She said turning to him.

"Yeah. Right." Amos huffed looking like he'd rather be anywhere besides here. "Cheer up! We have work to do." Olivia slapped him on the back.
Ezekiel looked around his room, it had deteriorated while he was sick, he'd gotten to work right away picking up sheets and dirty clothes. Though it made him wonder, where did everyone go?

"You never let me call you Olive." Amos grumbled. "Seriously? That's what you're upset about?" Olivia looked at him with a look of ridiculousness, "Sure, you can call me Olive too, I never said you couldn't." She rolled her eyes.
Amos walked away silently starting to collect trash littered around the room.