CHAPTER 24

I toyed with the slices of apple in the glass plate on my lap. My television was playing 'Two Weeks Notice' but I was too distracted to swoon over Hugh Grant's charms. I checked my phone for the fifteenth time to see if there were any messages or calls from any of my magic beans. I glanced at the wall-clock and it seemed they must have left for the restaurant by now, to go on a dinner date with my....... with Kshitij.

The door bell rang and I got on my feet to answer the door. The four significant men of my magic beans' lives entered the house and walked past me to make themselves comfortable on the couch.

Ranveer skeptically stared at the movie on my television, "We knew you would be here, watching some crap like this."

I crossed my arms, "And you four decided to drop by. Why?"

Ishaan looped his arm around my neck, "Don't be so hostile now. Zalak is off to dinner with your boy and I got a wedding-preparation free evening today."

Aryan snacked on the sliced apple on the teapoy, "And I don't have a pregnant wife to be taken care of tonight."

Ranveer shrugged, "Well, I'm neither hitched nor expecting so basically Kavya is at the much-talked-about dinner and I'm not getting laid tonight. That leaves me with nothing to do."

I turned to Karan and raised an eyebrow at him, silently asking him to speak next.

"What?" He raised his arms in surrender, "I have no reason for being here. I came because these guys called me. Infact, this is the first time I'm here with you all without Drishti."

"Newbie." The other three muttered to each other.

I shot them a look, "Be nice boys. He just got married to our friend."

Aryan raised a slice of apple, "Welcome to the meeting Karan. This might be the first time but there are many more to come. Many!"

Ranveer turned to Karan, "What did you do until now every time you had a glitch with Drishti?"

Ishaan replied instead, "He had an arranged marriage. Unlike our case, Drishti didn't get a chance to put him through hell before she agreed to marry him." He turned to Karan, "Wait for it man! It won't be log before you will be here, knocking at Omi's door for desperate help."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Do you realize that the women you claim to have put you through hell are my best friends?"

Ranveer smiled cheekily, "Did we forget to mention that the hell was worth everything and we will gladly go through it again?"

I laughed, "I already know that."

Aryan leaned forward, "This will be one of the last times we have one of the magic beans on our side. Initially it was I and the other four magic beans in this same apartment, helping me to pursue Naina. Soon it will be an all men's club."