4.

"And you are?" Ariyk said with a snarky voice.

The stalker, not amused, quickly pulled my ex away from me. Twisting his arm in a way it shouldn't be twisted. Ariyk lost his grip on me as he fell on his knees.

His scream of agony was music to my ears as I found myself smiling.

"The likes of you don't deserve to know who I am." He said threateningly. The tone of his voice so cold that it sent shivers down my spine.

"Why you-!"

He cut him off, pushing Ariyk another few inches away from me as he stood in front of me. "You're the son of Baron Pat, aren't you? You're embarrassing yourself. This is a gathering for the celebration in King Oberon and Princess Titania's engagement. I don't think King Oberon would be happy to hear that you're causing a scene at his engagement party. Now, scram. Otherwise, I'll call the guards."

After hearing my fiancé's name, Ariyk's face went red, his face scowling as he stormed away.

The man turned around, his gaze casting downwards to meet my eyes. "... Are you alright?"

"Why did you help me?" I muttered, rubbing my wrist.

That damn bastard... he left bruising. Luckily, I'll heal in half an hour or so. Seeing the marks, he cocked a brow.

"Maybe I should have killed him." He said, his voice dark and chilly.

Shaking my head, I closed my eyes briefly before opening them again. "Killing him is too good for his worth. He deserves to suffer, so I disagree."

The man's face lightened up. Almost as if he was a completely different person. "I'm surprised you didn't run away or get scared by my statement. Most people run away when I make threats."

He had a point, but I grew up with bloodshed and violence. This is a everyday occurrence for me. I've been trained for years in combat. If it ever came down to it, I can defend myself and attack others pretty easily.

"Well, I'm not most people." I replied, crossing my arms.

He remained stone faced, "I can see that."

I stared at the man, confused. Why is he here again? Why did he help me? Is he really not a stalker?

"I don't even know your name. This is also the third time I've come across to you within a night. Why did you help me?"

The stalker blinked at me steadily, tilting his head. His mask kept me from seeing his entire face and I was really curious of what he looked like.

"It's not like I didn't want to help you. I just happened to go to the balcony and saw a couples quarrel. You seemed like you needed help."

"It wasn't a couples quarrel. He just wanted to slow dance and I rejected him. Some people can't handle rejection."

He shrugged, "Regardless, I'm glad I could help."

"Well, thanks... I appreciate it, Stalker."

"Is that my name?"

The man glanced at me curiously, a small smirk making it's way to his face.

"Well, yes. Because you're not telling me what your name is. Therefore, that's your name." I replied, raising a brow.

He scoffed, crossing his arms as he leaned against the railing of the balcony. His eyes wondering to the night sky. "You haven't introduced yourself either, my lady."

"I thought you'd have it figured out by now."

A second passed before the stalker spoke.

"No. I don't know who you are. Unless... you think you're of big importance that everyone needs to know who you are?"