Christmas

"Wake uuuuuuuppppp!" Sam screamed at the top of his lungs in the foyer while Tam and Margot banged on everyone's doors.

"It's Chwistmas!" Margot said loudly as she banged on Maggie's door which flung open, revealing a very happy Maggie, who would have normally been very cross with the child for waking her up like that. But it was Christmas.

Christmas was an exception.

"Let's go wake up mama and papa!" Maggie picked up her younger sister and twirled her around as she laughed.

"No need. We're already awake." Annabel said as she and Richard walked down the hallway to them.

"You're still in your sleep wear." Maggie said, a grin stretching far across her face. She kissed both Annabel's and her papas cheeks in greeting and Margot copied her.

"So are you. I believe Christmas is an exception to wearing sleepwear in the morning, don't you think?" Annabel said, taking Margot from Maggie's arms as they all headed down together.

"So you and papa woke up at the same time. Did you also..."

Annabel slapped Maggie upside the head and the girl ran away giggling.

"Good morning sir." Mr.Peltons butler greeted everyone, he was also in his pajamas, and so was every other staff member.

"Should we have breakfast first?" George asked as everyone went into the large living room where they had their Christmas tree set up.

"We do always have breakfast first." Maggie agreed, although she felt a little sad. 

Every year they ask their father to have breakfast after opening presents, but he never allowed that.

The children got up from their seats and dejectedly headed to the dinning room.

"Children. We'll have breakfast after opening presents." Annabel said and took a seat on the single couch.

"But papa always says-"

"Well, I don't think he really minds this time. Do you Mr.Pelton?" She asked him and gave him a certain look that said to not even try saying that he minded.

"No, not at all." He said and also made his way over to the couches.

The children looked at each other with excitement and ran back to the couches and sitting under the Christmas tree.

"Me first! Can I go first?" Margot said and they all agreed. Margot still couldn't read properly, but she knew that M was for Margot, so she took all the presents that had an M at the beginning.

"These ones are mine Mar Mar." Maggie laughed and took the ones with her name.

"M for Margot." Margot argued.

"M is also for Maggie." Maggie flicked her nose.

"But M is for Margot! G is for Gigi." Margot's bottom lips trembled and tears pricked her eyes.

"Now now Margot. Look here. This is how you spell Margot and this is how you spell Maggie. We both have an M in our name." Maggie said, trying to calm her down before she started to cry.

"Okay." And then Margot forgot about the confusion and ripped through her presents. 

After Margot, no one was patient enough to wait their turn, so they all just opened theirs up.

Annabel sat back and watched everyone open everything with a smile on her face.

"Are you not going to open yours?" Richard asked.

"Mine? I'm not expecting any." She looked at him with slight confusion. He tilted his head towards the kids and when she turned to look, she gasped.

They were standing there, holding out a present for her.