To Charity!

After apologizing to the children for taking so long to get herself together and come out of her room, life went back to normal for the Pelton's. They were all finished with their exams and a new school semester had started. 

Richard would more often than not, go into Annabel's room at night so they could sleep together. On the days that he didn't, it was very hard to fall asleep. The two of them would also steal a few kisses from each other throughout the day.

"There are so many boxes being brought in, what did you ord..." Annabel's voice trailed off when she walked into Richards big office only to find Rebeca Von Eckerman sitting in one of the two seats opposite of Richards desk.

"Oh, it's seems like I'm interrupting something." She said and began to walk out.

"Annabel! Wait!" Richard got up from his chair and hurried to her.

"Yes?" She said, still holding the door open. Richard stepped outside and motioned for her to close the door so Rebeca didn't hear what he had to say.

"It's not what you think." He immediately said. She tilted her head in confusion.

"And what is it do you think I'm thinking?"

"Well, you must think that-"

"Richard," she placed a hand on his chest that effectively got him to stop talking and smiled, "why would I think that there's something going on between the two of you if you're both respectfully sitting across from each other, just discussing things? And now I'm pretty sure those are her boxes, right? So she's probably here to return whatever you got her.  Really, you had to jump to that conclusion right away, didn't you?" She grinned at his shocked expression.

"Now, go back in there and finish whatever it is you need to finish." She straightened out his collar and patted his chest.

Richard grinned down at her and couldn't help but excitedly peck her lips.

She trusted him. She didn't think the worst of him. She had faith in him. He thinks he fell in love all over again. She was so perfect. He didn't deserve her.

He walked back into the office, his face glowing with happiness.

"All's good?" Rebeca asked hopefully. She didn't want Annabel to get the wrong idea. Yes, she didn't like Annabel when she was with Richard, because she was jealous of her. But now, she wasn't with Richard, so it didn't matter. Her and Richard didn't work out, she hopes that the two of them could.

"Couldn't be better. Now, what were you saying?"

*

"You wouldn't believe who came to the house today." Annabel said as she and Tiffany walked down the street together.

"Tell me." Tiffany excitedly said.

"Rebeca Von Eckerman."

"No!" Tiffany gasped and stopped dead in her tracks. 

"Yes." Annabel said and laughed at her friends facial expression.

"What did she want?" They resumed their walking.

"Oh, she was just returning what ever Richard got her when they were together. Imagine my surprise when I saw her though."

"Did you freak out?"

"No, why would I?"

"If I was dating a guy, and I found him with his previous ex, I think I'd get furious."

"Well, Richard and I aren't dating, are we? And it also depends on the situation. There was no need for me to get mad at her."

"Oh, Richard and I aren't dating! But we kiss and sleep together, not that way, and hold hands and just sit and talk about everything and nothing for hours!" Tiffany said in high pitched voice, mocking Annabel.