44

April bit through her croissant as she looked out the huge window.

The day was beautiful so she decided to go out to have breakfast on her own.

She used to love going to cafes in the morning while she waited for it to be time to leave for work.

There was a certain satisfaction in sitting there, watching the busy streets, with a cup of coffee.

"Boo."

April didn't even turn around at the sound of Jay's voice as he sat down next to her.

"That was horrible."

"I tried to scare you."

"It didn't work." She rolled her eyes playfully as she looked at him.

"How are you?" Jay asked softly.

"You saw me yesterday." She chuckled as she shook her head.

"Yeah, I forgot."

They stayed silent as they both looked outside.

Jay slowly slid a paper to her as he turned away from her.

April stared at it in confusion and looked at Jay in question.

He shrugged without looking at her.

April grabbed the paper and opened it with furrowed eyebrows, but her eyes widened like saucers.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah."

"No, wait. You're serious?"

"Seems like Ms. Hyo didn't hate you as much as you thought." Jay smirked as he looked at her.

She stared at the paper as she had tears in her eyes.

The logo at the top should've given it away, but it was a shock seeing what the letter contained.

A letter from Ms. Hyo to April, offering her old position.

"A dude named Bill decided to pursue his dreams of being a wannabe fashion designer and quit. So now we need another creative director. I thought I'm just toooooo busy. So I decided to do some charity work." He shook his head dramatically as he sighed.

She softly wiped her tears as she looked at Jay with a small smile.

"I hate you." She said waveringly.

"I thought you said thank you?" Jay asked with a bright smile.

******

April nervously held Mrs. Suh's hand as they awaited the decision made by the jury.

It had been two weeks since the trial and April's nerves were jittering.

She knew that she was winning the case. Especially with Mrs. Suh's perfect use of evidence.

Sam had nothing against her, especially with the fact that Mr. Oh never decided to redirect and left Sam's humiliation intact.

But April knew there was always the possibility of people not believing her.

There was always the possibility of a few people not taking her words seriously.

She felt tears in her eyes as she took a deep breath, watching the judge adjust her mic.

"The court has decided in unanimity..." The judge took a pause as she read through her papers. "Mr. Samuel Higgins, is guilty of-"

April couldn't even hear the rest of her words as she felt an immense amount of relief. She almost fell back on her seat as she felt her hand loosen around Mrs. Suh's.