6

⟦ capture the flag, more like kill the imposter. ⟧

5882 words

At dinner, the place buzzed in excitement. after dinner, capture the flag will take place. Luke and Percy begged me to do it, but I said I didn't what to, not yet anyways. 

but then again, I had these gut feeling to do it to stay with Percy the whole time. watch over his shoulder and keep him from harm.

but I brushed it off as me just being an over-protective sister (even though I'm only his cousin) and left him to run around with kids that are trained to kill monsters.

yeah, I'm just nervous.

I braided my hair back really quick before I walked up to the bomb fire to burn my offerings.

keep Percy safe and claim me please, boys stick!

as the food burned, I got the warm feeling in my chest. I look up to the sky, gleaming.

" Are you ok?" Percy asked me as I sat down next to him, more like hung off the edge.

" I'm fine, I think my father.... I don't know, I just got this warmth feeling when I did my offerings."

" Really?" conner toll asked who was seating a few feet away from me.

I nodded. I glanced to jake who was scowling at his food. I was taken by surprised. Luke ate happily from beside him. They don't even look alike, it's almost un-nerving.

When the plates were cleared away, the conch horn sounded, and we all stood at our tables.

Campers yelled and cheered as Annabeth and two of her siblings ran into the pavilion carrying a silk banner. It was about three meters long, glistening grey, with a painting of a barn owl above an olive tree. From the opposite side of the pavilion, Clarisse and her buddies ran in with another banner, of identical size, but gaudy red, painted with a bloody spear and a boar's head.

I stood in the background, waiting if I needed to help anyone before they would go out and chase each other for a flag.

then I focused my gaze to jake talking to Percy. He gave Percy a sly look, as if he knew something Percy didn't. The scar on his face made him look almost evil in the torchlight. It made me scowl and stand straight, like I was ready to tackle him to the ground.

I started to have seconds thoughts on not playing but it was too late.

Chiron hammered his hoof on the marble.

'Heroes!' he announced. 'You know the rules. The creek is the boundary line. The entire forest is fair game. All magic items are allowed. The banner must be prominently displayed and have no more than two guards. Prisoners may be disarmed but may not be bound or gagged. No killing or maiming is allowed. I will serve as referee and battlefield medic. Arm yourselves!'