10 : old friends

—Kayo

They were chanting my name as I slammed my foot into the fucker's face

They were chanting my name as I slammed my foot into the fucker's face. I could feel his jaw breaking underneath the pads of my feet. He fell to the floor with blood pouring from his mouth.

"End him!" the arena shouted.

"Kill him!"

"Kayo!"

I stalked over to him like he was my prey. I always earned more money when I beat my opponent to death, but I wasn't feeling too greedy. Instead, I slammed my fist into his face, knocking him clean out. His head lopped over to the side and his eyes shut.

The medics rushed in just as I held my fist up and yelled.

"Kayo! Kayo! Kayo!" they chanted.

I stepped out of the arena and made my way over to the restroom. The same girl from the other night was handing me a towel. I caught a glimpse of her. She had dark hair and blue eyes. She wasn't too bad to look at, but she just wasn't my type.

"Hey," she purred, pushing her breasts up so I could see them. My eyes seemed to have a mind of their own as I found myself stealing a peek or two.

"What?" I questioned.

"I've been watching you fight, and it really turns me on," she said honestly. She grabbed the towel and began to wipe away some of my sweat entwined with blood.

She made sure I got a view of her ass in her tight dress as she made her way around me.

"I'll find you later," I told her, walking away and toward the restroom. I closed the door behind me, making sure to lock it. Thanks to the fucker that disturbed my peace last fight, I made sure there was no one else in the restroom.

Just as I began to clean myself off, there was pounding on the bathroom door.

"What?" I shouted over the chanting of Kyle's name. It was muffled but I could still hear the crowd's excitement.

"Come on, man. We're going out to celebrate tonight!" I could hear the sound of Sean's voice coming from the other side of the door. I met Sean here a year ago. He was new to the whole underground fighting experience, but I could sense all of his potential. After losing his first couple of fights, I helped him become unbeatable.

I opened the bathroom door and took in the big smile on Sean's face. He was fully black but had a lighter complexion. His hair was thick and coiled, but recently, he started keeping it short and in waves. He was also the only person I knew who would go to the gym in a durag.

"I'm not in the mood," I grumbled. I wanted to go fuck that chick, eat some food, and go to sleep.

"I already booked us reservations at this nice ass club downtown," he explained.

I gave him a side eye as he stood at the entrance with his body support keeping the door from automatically shutting. I continued to clean myself of all the blood.