Chapter 30

I had expected the royal wedding to be no joke, but this was a huge deal.

I was used to court marriages and receptions in just one hall. But here, there was an entire palace to take care of. Decorating every nook and corner, with so much authenticity and rituals at that. It was intriguing and tiring at the same time, especially for me, who had no clue what is happening around. But I wanted to be of use. Yug and Aarini were not supposed to help in anything since they were the main leads here. Neel, his father and Brinda were my only source of help and information.

It was hilarious to see Aarini sitting there helplessly, wanting to join in, cribbing about it, but not being able to do anything about it.

I thought 21 days were more than enough for an engagement, but no. They were less.

Way too less.

We had to decide on the jewelries, on the attire, on the mehendi (henna)design and so much more.

I had to also dress according to the royal standards this time, and the idea was kind of intimidating.

But I had to for once looked like I belonged here. Like I belonged to Neel.

Also there were dances I had to prepare for if I wished to perform at the engagement. I don't know how am I gonna do all of it.

---

"You're sitting down here today?" Neel entered the secluded garden, where I was sitting on grass, with my head resting on my folded knees, waiting for him.

I raised my head up to his voice and gave him my best smile possible, with this tired face of mine.

"What took you so long today?" I managed to talk somehow. I was attempting to get up and start walking with him, despite how tired I was. But he did something even more sweet. He simply just sat next to me as if it was not a big deal for a king to sit anywhere else that was not his throne.

I adored it, but I did not voice it really.

"Ahh! We had to sign up for an emergency meeting." He said, sounding equally as tired as I was just for a different reason I believe.

"For what?" I wasn't expecting him to give me the details since I thought it wasn't ethical. But he thought it was okay to inform me.

As if sharing it with me will make it a little better for him.

"Remember the people of the North?"

"The ones who were being uncooperative?"

"Yes." He said. his eyes looked out of focus, as if thinking about something even more deeper. "They have surpassed our army leader's patience. I am afraid it won't go peacefully anymore like we had wanted it." He sounded serious.

"What is happening?" I asked, too afraid that I'll cross my boundaries.

"They started making unethical moves in our territory and now they are attacking our people like cowards. There is only so much peace we could maintain. My people are getting raged and if we sit silently we are just fueling their anger."

"So what will you do?"

"We are trying not to begin, but if there is no option left, we have to opt for.." he sighed, not wanting to continue. "..for a war." He said regardless.

I immediately turned to him not knowing how to react. I wanted to dissuade him. I didn't want him to go anywhere, but I knew I cannot do that.

He saw my face fall. The fear my mind carried was all visible. My grip around his arm tightened even more.

He held my hand, removing it from his arm, and then caressed my face,

"It's not now. I'll try to not go for it. But I just want you to be aware about. Because wars come unannounced and I didn't want that to come as a surprise to you."

None of what he said made me feel better. I know wars, when started, can go on for days, weeks or months together.

I hardly had couple of months to go back to my world. I wanted to make the most out of it while I am here, spending all the time that I had with him. 

But what would I do if he leaves.

Why aren't things fair?

I broke down in front of him. He thought I was scared for the war, I wasn't. I knew he would certainly win. He was meant to die, because of his step mother. No amount of war can kill him. He is brave. He is ruthless.

I was scared because once he leaves for that war, I might not get to see him again. 

What will I do then?

"Aye shh" he pulled me to himself, embracing me, as I sobbed on his shoulder.

"Shh" he did that again. Hishoarse voice calming me down a little bit.

"I'll be fine" he said again.

I know you will. But I won't

"I love you." I spoke, regardless of the fact that I knew he won't understand. That to him, none of it will ever make sense. That my existence won't make sense to him. my world won't make sense to him.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone.

There's another update here.

Also I changed the cover photo , how do you like it? Let me know.

Take care everyone.