🏮83. Gel

As soon as Amber was done healing the man, she felt overwhelmed by mana exhaustion, and passed out on the side of the bed.

An hour after being healed, Emperor Gelid opened his eyes, and looked at a silver haired angel, holding onto his leg. Then he realized the pain that had stuck with him ever since he had turned eighteen, was finally gone. He felt an overwhelming sense of relief and peace wash over him. He wouldn't have to fear freezing solid due to the curse anymore, because the curse on him had finally been removed. For how many years had he been searching for a Mystic to remove his curse?

Six generations ago, his family had angered the Mystic's. The Mystic's then cursed his family. Causing one of the sons in each generation to die by freezing solid. Only a Mystic could break a Mystic's curse, but by the time his family discovered that, it was too late. They had already taken over the Kingdom of Shadow and had killed all of the Mystic's they had found.

He slipped out of bed. Then walked around the bed to stand behind Amber. As soon as he climbed out of the bed, Zen was standing next to him, to make sure that his footsteps didn't falter.

"I'm fine, Zen," he said quietly. "Move her onto the bed for me and then you may leave."

"Are you sure? She's already served her purpose. I could get rid of her for you, if you want," Zen said.

"Not yet, I want to have a few words with her first," said the Ice Emperor.

"As you wish," said Zen before gently picking Amber up and setting her on top of the bed. After Zen had positioned Amber onto one side of the bed, he turned into a puff of orange smoke, and floated out of the room.

Emperor Gelid climbed back into bed next to Amber and stared at her for a couple of hours while she was sleeping. Every once in a while, he would reach out, and stroke either her arm or her long silver hair. She really was a stunning specimen.

Amber woke after a while, feeling like she had recently been in a horrible accident. Then she looked into the eyes of the man she had healed. He was laying on the bed next to her, leaning in, and staring. That was awkward. She could feel her face heat up while looking into his light blue eyes.

Gelid stared at her with a small crease between his eyebrows. Why weren't her eyes purple? He knew that she was a Mystic, but her eyes appeared to be blue-gray.

"Hi?" Said Amber while leaning back from him and wrapping her arms around herself.

He reached out and momentarily touched her arm. "Thank you for helping me, really. I've had that illness for quite a long time and have been searching for a cure," he said with a gentle smile.

"You're welcome," she said while hugging her knees to her chest. "What were you doing out here, in a cave, at night?"

"Ah, I'm from the UGA. I came to this country on a Blue Working Permit," said the Ice Emperor while pushing his long black hair out of his eyes and tucking it behind his ear.

Amber smiled. "Oh, nice! What kind of work do you do?" Amber said while relaxing slightly and crossing her legs. "I haven't been to that country yet. I'd like to learn more about it."

"I'm in a merchant guild. I travel around to different countries, while looking for new items to sell," he said and then grinned. "I enjoy it a lot. Traveling all over the planet. There's always a new adventure, always more to see. I suppose I have a bit of wanderlust," he said.

Gelid leaned in, looking deep into Amber's eyes. "Thank you for healing me. At least, I think that was you? Although, I didn't know that women could be healers." He said.