20 | HE GOT ME ADDICTED |

Outer Banks, Cameron's dockJuly 13th, 20206:01 pm

July 13th, 2020
6:01 pm

JJ and I met at the dock where Rafe's yacht was parked, so that he got to pilot it until we'd reach the marsh, since I didn't feel like taking over the wheel in this type of boat. My blonde best friend was already there when I stepped on the long dock and I proudly twirled the keys around my finger, a big smile spread over my pink lips. "Here goes nothing," I said as I threw him the keys and he caught them.

We both entered the boat silently and all the images of Rafe and I having sex came back, which caused my cheeks to redden and a soft smirk to grow on my lips, even though I tried really hard to erase it. JJ took over the wheel and smiled as he turned on the engine. "Let's see what you're capable of, big boy," he whispered.

"Don't wreck it or we're dead," I just said, standing in front of the steering wheel.

JJ threw me an amused glance. "Rafe doesn't scare me," he said. "You know I'm stronger and I'd wreck it just to beat him"

I nodded even though I wasn't so sure about this statement. JJ piloted the boat like he had done this his entire life, and my eyes lit up as his lips formed a soft smile when his gaze laid on me. Maybe he wasn't so mad at me, in the end. I didn't know what had him smiling, but I enjoyed the sight of it, and as I got closer from him, I rested my elbows on the panel.

"What got you smiling?" I asked him.

JJ tucked a strand of my blonde hair behind my ear and locked his blue eyes in mine. "I just know I'll have you crying in my arms in less than a week," he stated.

I rolled eyes and shook my head in denial at his words. He didn't know how my boyfriend was with me. He didn't know he was actually sweet and gentle, and ne e wanted to hurt me. Because Rafe wasn't like everyone thought he was, to me at least he was much more.

"You won't just trust me," I just said as we arrived near the hms, on which John B and Sarah were supposed to already be.

I had asked John B to pretend to take Sarah on a date on the boat to make things up and then lock her in the small trap under the deck until we got Kie to get in the boat as well. Before we reached the HMS, I rested my head on JJ's shoulder, just to that I could examine his reaction and make sure he actual wasn't mad at me no more. The blonde boy pressed a kiss on the top of my head which led me to smile wildly.

"Alright, prepare your ears for the amount of screams we're about to hear," JJ joked and I laughed knowing he was right.

(...)

(trigger warning: drugs and abuse)

Outer Banks, Thornton's house
July 13th, 2020
10:14 pm

I arrived home after spending some time at the Wreck with the boys and I had to admit I was a little anxious to the idea of dealing with my parents for the first time after our little argument. I hated to argue with them and since it didn't happen a lot, I didnt know how to deal with it really. I didn't have time to overthink, since I crossed my mother's path not even ten seconds after stepping in. She sat on the big sofa, next to where my father was sat, petting Gaby.