Epilogue: The Honeymoon (05)

The view of the ocean by the infinity pool is stunning, and it's what you love the most about this spot. But this afternoon, it's your husband sporting a pair of red swim shorts and walking to the edge of the pool that trumps that view.

You quickly changed after you arrived from the village and decided to spend the rest of the afternoon by the pool. You're now clad in a peach-colored one-piece, relaxing on the daybed with a book in one hand and a Long Island iced tea on the other. With the cool breeze and the sun shining just right, it's absolutely perfect.

Your eyes, hidden behind your sunglasses, constantly flit to Jungkook who's swimming laps in the pool, his toned arms and flexed back muscles catching your attention. He effortlessly lifts himself off the ledge and combs his hair off his face, parting them to the side in the process.

He walks over to you, his taut body soaking wet and glowing under the late afternoon sun.

"Excuse me, Mrs. Jeon?" His raspy voice calls out from next to you.

"Yes, Mr. Jeon?" You look up and push your sunglasses from the bridge of your nose and flash him a sweet smile.

"At what point in the afternoon will your husband be more interesting than your book about the history of cotton?"

You laugh at him, more to hide how hot you feel, with him standing so close to you, his arms on his waist and his face in a pout.

"You seem to be enjoying your time there by yourself," you tease.

"I was showing off but you weren't minding me," he says, eyebrows scrunched.

"Okay, honey," you giggle, putting away your book and bending your legs to give him room to sit on the daybed. "What do you want me to do?"

He sits down, pulls your legs over his lap, and leans close to your face. "Laze in the pool with me, babe. The water feels nice and I want you close."

He's almost pleading and you don't blame him. You want to be close to him, too; your skin just doesn't react to chlorinated water well but you don't want to burst his bubble. There's barely anyone in the pool right now and you appreciate being alone with him. It's not hard to resist him, too, when he's looking as good as he does.

Your dip in the pool escalates to both of you feeling each other up, with Jungkook stealing kisses and holding the ones on your lips, swiping his tongue to get you to give in. You're conscious of the very few people around, though, so you convince him to continue your swim in the ocean by your bungalow and he agrees.

You end up snorkeling as the last bit of light signals the end of the day, as more creatures appear. The dehydration from all the swimming overtakes you both, and you enjoy your dinner at the balcony and promptly decide that it'll be a champagne and cheese kind of night.

Jungkook suggests popping your second bottle at the hot tub and the way he says it - with a smug look on his face and the hoarse tone of his voice - makes you feel excited.

You're sitting in the tub across from him, his arms spread out and laying on the edge, the dim overhead light setting a perfect glow on his smooth chest and ridged torso. You gulp the remainder of champagne in your glass and keep yourself steady.

There's something about Jungkook today - from the way he ogled you in the morning, to how he was at the village, engaging the people and playing with the kids, to how hot and adorable he looked at the pool, to now, with his parted damp hair and cheeky smile, his tongue licking his lips as he gazes at you.

Jungkook makes you feel so many things; you tend to get surprised with how much he affects you. You've always felt something for him growing up but it was more due to his caring nature and boyish charms.